getting rid of icons?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Depends. First, is your iPhone jailbroken/Modded? If not, then that is the first step. After that, there are programs such as "Customize" or "Summerboard" that you can use to remove and rearrange the icons on your Springboard area.

Dec 19, 2007
buffalo ny
Depends. First, is your iPhone jailbroken/Modded? If not, then that is the first step. After that, there are programs such as "Customize" or "Summerboard" that you can use to remove and rearrange the icons on your Springboard area.
it is jailbroken. And I've installed both theme things. Neither feature being able to hide icons. I think I'll start looking more. Thanks for the help.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
If you have Customize installed on your phone, tap on it and second item in the list should be "Icon Display Order". That's what you're looking for there.

Dec 19, 2007
buffalo ny
If you have Customize installed on your phone, tap on it and second item in the list should be "Icon Display Order". That's what you're looking for there.
I tried that but the Icon display order doesn't hide icons. I'm going to see if I can dig into the program via a computer and see if I can get rid of the stocks icon. I don't have any need for it, its taking up space. not much..but every little bit helps...:laugh2:

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
When you're in Customize changing the icon display order, if you just click on an app name the little eyeball to the left will disappear. That should make the icon not show up at all.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Oh, first you may have to click on the eyeball in the top right of the screen to enable this hiding feature. Let me know if that works for you.

I

ibricking.com

Oh, first you may have to click on the eyeball in the top right of the screen to enable this hiding feature. Let me know if that works for you.
Whoa. I never noticed that little option there. Thanks gcvt!