Getting songs OFF an iPhone?

wotblake

Jul 18, 2007
My dad and I both got iPhones. I put 3 gigs worth of music on his iPhone when he was at my house this past weekend. We activated the phones on my computer. Now he is back at home. When he syncs his iPhone with his computer is there a way he can add his own music without deleting the music I put on his phone? Is there a way to copy the music off the iPhone onto his computer?

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
My dad and I both got iPhones. I put 3 gigs worth of music on his iPhone when he was at my house this past weekend. We activated the phones on my computer. Now he is back at home. When he syncs his iPhone with his computer is there a way he can add his own music without deleting the music I put on his phone? Is there a way to copy the music off the iPhone onto his computer?
No, I think that when he plugs the iPhone into his computer, it will erase all the music on it and replace it with the music that is on his computer. You will have to save your songs to a CD and have him load that onto his iTunes so he can put it back onto his iPhone.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
One of the downside of iPhone compared to iPod

As the iPhone (currently) does not support drag and drop of songs, you can only sync to computer and, if that computer does not have the songs which are on the iPhone on it or is not authorized to your iTunes account, then it will wipe the iPhone content or replace it with the current computers content. With iPod you can just drag and drop and, with external 3rd party programs, move music both ways without any loss (just need to place it in disk mode and tell iTunes not to sync automatically). I'm not certain why they did it this way (iPhone is no different to a Mac on the net or an iPod connected to the net via a computer) but it is a real pain

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
yes

google a program called "senuti" it acts like an iTunes clone but allows you to copy songs to your original iTunes library. I would post the link but im on my iPhone and it doesn't support copy and paste yet LOL.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
But do this work with iPhone?

I have Podworks and iPodRip (Mac programs) and these do the same as those you highlight but do not work with iPhone.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
You can copy your entire iTunes folder to a large flash drive and then put it on your dad's computer and he'll have all your music and all of his.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Conditions?

If they don't have DRM (digital right management) either Windoz and MApple OK. If the tracks have either of these then you can copy to drive and computer but the will not play. If no DRM then true. If you rip them from CD's or paid for them (without DRM for example iTunes Plus) then no issues with this, otherwise you need a DRM remover (available, but I've never tested, for Windows, but not for Mac).

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
google a program called "senuti" it acts like an iTunes clone but allows you to copy songs to your original iTunes library. I would post the link but im on my iPhone and it doesn't support copy and paste yet LOL.
Did this app work for you using the iPhone?

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Tried and....

I tried it but it did not work for me