getting videos on my iPhone

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
so last night i synced my phone with all my pictures, and i wanted to add some various videos/movies also.

unfortunately, i have never really used iTunes that much and i wasn't able to get my videos into iTunes to sync it to the iPhone. i tried looking up directions online to add videos to my library but it just said to drag and drop and when i try that it doesn't let me. i tried going to file > add file to library but when i would open the videos, it wouldn't be in the library anywhere.

so i come to you, everythingicafe forums....please help me so i can watch my movies on my phone at work :cool:

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
click on the movie or video tab on iTunes and check the appropriate boxes

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Windows or Mac? Believe there is 'Handbreak' for Mac and then Videora for PC to convert them to valid iPhone format ... h264 of flavors

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
yeah if you have a mac, handbreak is a must. Rip all your DVDs to your computer then right to your phone. Only thing is it takes up a lot of room on your hardrive if you do a lot so watch out. But I love being able to watch the honeymooners and Abbott and Costello on my phone.

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
yes, but it can't rip copyrighted dvds.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
thanks guys, ill try this tonight after work :)

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Handbrake is awesome. I finally downloaded it over the weekend, then spent the rest of the day putting DVD's onto my iTunes. Only bummer is it takes about 45 minutes per DVD