Getting wallpaper on iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

vetteman85

Dec 2, 2007
Hey guys. I just got the iPhone yesterday and am loving it. I noticed that you seem to be able to download wallpapers to you iPhone and then use them. How does one go about downloading them and getting them on the phone? Thanks! :confused:

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
vetteman85 said:
Hey guys. I just got the iPhone yesterday and am loving it. I noticed that you seem to be able to download wallpapers to you iPhone and then use them. How does one go about downloading them and getting them on the phone? Thanks! :confused:
I make mine by importing them in iPhoto(whether they're my own pics or something downloaded), then syncing them with the iPhone. Once you display a pic on the phone, you'll have the option to email it, or send it to your web gallery or use it as your wallpaper. If you do, you can resize it to fit your screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
You can't download any wallpapers directly off the internet from the phone itself unfourtunatly. What you should do is make a folder in your Pictures folder on your computer and save all the wallpapers from whatever site in that folder. I have a general folder for my iPhone stuff and sub folders in there because of the mass amount of wallpapers i've pulled off the internet.
When in iTunes with the iPhone connected, go to the Pictures tab listed in the iPhone menu. Click on the top of the drop down to select what folder it will upload your pictures from. Find the folder you have just made and select that. Then check off whatever sub folders you have created and want to add those pictures to your phone. Then on the bottom right click apply, and it should Sync the iPhone and Optimize and transfer yor pictures. Hope I helped you out. Any other questions PM me, and Welcome to the iCafe!

vetteman85

Dec 2, 2007
Is there a way to get the wallpaper to be behind the icons? I see it in all the pictures but I can't figure it out. Thanks!

biecacka

Jan 14, 2008
Actually with summerboard, you can install complete themes.
what do you mean by complete themes, i am new to all this and would like to really make my iPhone different as we all do. i have it jailbroken and and unlocked. iTunes does not always pick it up either

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
what do you mean by complete themes, i am new to all this and would like to really make my iPhone different as we all do. i have it jailbroken and and unlocked. iTunes does not always pick it up either

Go here under downloads and click on the themes.

Last edited by a moderator:

biecacka

Jan 14, 2008
now that i have the photos from my pc to my iPhone how do i get them as wallpaper for the phone. behind the icons or is it not possible.
everyday this phone becomes more and more amazing