Ghost calling

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
My phone has been calling people on it's own and I never know about it unless someone tells me I called them or I see it on my recent calls. Is anyone else having this problem or know what I can do to try to stop it? I hate not knowing when I'm calling people. Any ideas are appreciated.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Actually, it's called butt dialing. My sis in law called 911 one time by mistake while at my house. Boy was that funny when the cops showed up. And her hubby is a cop in a town 150 miles away from us.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Our real estate agent accomplishes the same feat. The last time it happened, when we played back the voice message, we could hear her playing with her dog. Maybe you both need an exorcist.

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
It's been going on for about a month. It happens at least once a day. I also have a Bluetooth headset connected to it. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I'll try a restore. Thanks so much

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
I have "butt dialed" 3 times and have no clue how it could of happened. I keep mine in front pocket mostly.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I haven't noticed it happening with the bluetooth on. I'll have to pay close attention to it from now on and see.
Well my question was if it ever happened while the Bluetooth was off, have you googled the problem to see if anybody else experience the same thing? I think before you do a restore like you said you should see all the options, I hate to restore.

Nexxus

Bronze
Dec 1, 2007
There is a way to fix this. Put the icons for your phone, SMS and contacts in a folder and place the folder on a page after the home page. I found that I was making rogue calls just by holding the iPhone. I pug everything in a feet and it doesn't happen any longer.