Ghost notifications

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Smarty2600, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

I have the weather channel app and I recently had storms in my area that was likely to produce tornadoes so I turned on the notifications within the app. After the bad weather I turned the notifications off within the app but I still received them for things such as severe thunderstorms which I don't care to know about. I then deleted and reinstalled the app but still have the same problem. Any ideas as to how I can keep the app but not be bothered?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

@Smarty2600 , could it be that those severe thunderstorm alerts are coming directly from your cell phone provider via the Government Alerts functionality built into iOS 6 rather than from your Weather Channel App?

Go to Settings > Notifications and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. You should see the heading "Government Alerts." Below that you will see two types of alerts that you can toggle off. Are your Emergency Alerts set to "ON"? If so, set that to "OFF" and see if it fixes your problem.

There is a third type of alert, a Presidential Alert, that can not be toggled off by the user. However, the chances of us receiving one of those are very, very slim.

I apologize for the delayed response!

3. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

Definitely not, I don't own an iPhone only an iPod touch so I don't get cell phone alerts on it.

An don't worry about the delayed response thanks for trying to help figure it out.

Sent using iCafe app