gift card and apps ?

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
ok, i had a bunch of change...took it to coinstart and go an iTunes gift card. put it in iTunes and i went to buy an app but it wont use my gift card its gona charge my bank account. y wont it use the money from the gift card ?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
No reason why it shouldn't. You will get an email receipt for your purchase. Next to the purchase will be a link to report a problem. I would do that and ask what the problem might be.

Is the amount of your gift card showing up in the upper right of iTunes when you are in the iTunes store?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
try this. go into iTunes and then go to the iTunes store and on the top right were it says your account email under the search bar click it and sign in to your account then go to edit payment info and where it shows all teh credit card options click the last one that says none,save. see if that works

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
try this. go into iTunes and then go to the iTunes store and on the top right were it says your account email under the search bar click it and sign in to your account then go to edit payment info and where it shows all teh credit card options click the last one that says none,save. see if that works
I have both a cc and a balance from a gift card at this time and when I make a purchase it come out of the balance. The only time the cc should come into play is if the gift card balance isn't enough to cover the purchase.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
it was change I put in coinstar and it came to 21.50
I put the card code in there u put codes for the cards....but then I went to buy texas holdum (4.99 I think) it says something about not enough funds, I'm account will be charged

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
hmms, so when you enetered the PIN in, it didn't come up next to your e-mail address in the top right hand corner?
Cause thats where the amount of credit i have or have left shows.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
it shows that I have 21.50 but when I buy an app it says what iv said befor...I'm not home now, but I'll try again and see

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
That's odd. I had a bunch of credit from a Gift Card at the iTunes Store. I downloaded Crash Bandikoot via my V1 and the credit wasn't showing up as deducted in my iTunes Store. But, when I went to my account and checked "Purchase History", then clicked "Report a Problem", the $9.99 was deducted from my credit.

Was it because I clicked "Report a Problem"? Or was it just the normal lag in it registering in the Store? I dunno.

If I find something else to buy, I'll wait for a day or two to see if it registers itself.