Gifting a Song From your iPhone, is it Possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by Sharunda, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Hey All:

I've been searching for a way to gift a song to my sister from my iPhone 5 using iTunes on the iPhone. There doesn't seem to be a choice for it, or I can't find it.

Has anyone gifted a song or an App from their iPhone to someone? Or do I have to wait until I get home to do it on my computer? I can't download iTunes on the work Computer.

Let me know either way.

TIA Guys!

2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

imutter do you know how to Gift a song from you iPhone?

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

4. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Europa Thanks. Oh well. I don't want to alert her to the song being on iTunes so I'll pry and ask her if she seen it on there later, and if she didn't buy it, I'll gift it to her.

I wanted to get it to her ASAP because she alerted it to me from a YouTube video. This means she doesn't know, or didn't know it was on iTunes.

I'll cross my fingers and buy it later if this shakes out the way I want it to.

Thanks Again Europa!

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I saw your thread and I did not know? I was actually trying to find an answer online no such luck :(
    Then I got side tracked looking at 5s rumors

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

imutter

AWW SHUCKS! R U looking up 5S Rumors already?!?! LOL! I have to admit, I've read some stuff about that new iPhone 5S coming out this Spring and I wasn't happy. I hate the rumors. I hope they have no basis in the truth. I would love it if Apple would wait a year for the release of the next iPhone....but Alas, it appears that the iPhone may come out every six months since there is so much talk about it. Woosh! I am not happy about that. I really wish Apple wouldn't do it but we shall see.

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Oh yeah, I have to remember, THESE R JUST RUMORS! Made up stories by people who have nothing else to do but post stuff on their blogs. Based in 1/2 information and wishes.

Okay, I get it now.

That makes me feel a little better.

8. Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374 Contributor
    Bronze

I've emailed a couple to my daughter.

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Just a follow up about this. I wanted to get a particular song for my sister before she discovered it was on iTunes and bought it. Unfortunately the very thing I hoped wouldn't happen, did in fact happen. She purchased the song.

When I got home, I tried to get in touch with her, to no avail. So, fingers crossed, I gifted the song to her. She text me an hour later telling me she bought the song from iTunes. BOO! That blew! I wanted to surprise her. She kept going on and on about this friggin song, so I wanted to get it to her already!

Well, the remedy, so I wouldn't lose my money, was for her to send the email back to me and I redeemed the song for myself.

Oh well, I wanted to surprise her. Thanks for nuttin iTunes! I hope they update IOS so we can gift from our mobile devices in the future.