Give it all up for iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

aloshka

May 17, 2007
How many of you are willing to give up your WinMo/Palm devices and are going to leap for the iPhone. I know it's a bad forum to post in since most people will say "I will".

I am stuck. I have an S710 smartphone WM6. Very small very useful, but I want the iPhone. But it will cost me over 800+ to get it (cancellation of current T-Mobile contract).

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
I plan to jump from the Blackjack to the iPhone and give it a chance. I don't necessarily think that the iPhone is the end-all, but it may have a higher level of quality in all aspects of what I want or need it to do.

aloshka

May 17, 2007
It doesn't have to be that way. If you find someone to take over your contract then you don't need to lose that money.
Unfortunately I have a dual line with my wife on T-Mobile. She is sticking with T-Mobile. That and I don't have friends... the crazy thing, is if it's worth it, I'm willing to shell out the $800 for the iPhone.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
The iPhone would work on T-Mobile's network (sans visual voicemail, etc). Cingular would give you 30 days to try it out... I'm not sure if after that time you would have to give the phone back up... or pay up... should be interesting to see the details of that return policy when it becomes available.

I'm assuming you have 6 months or longer left on your contract.... otherwise you could wait it out or get Cingular/iPhone and have T-Mobile just forward your calls to the iPhone on Cingular... (Doing this you would lose your number when you T-Mobile contract is up so it might not be worth the hassle for some but you would be saving a little money depending on the early termination fee/what you pay in service per month.)

May 18, 2007
Fortunately for me, I'm already on cingular and due for a new phone. But if I were in your position, I would hold off on buying the iPhone until my existing contract was up with T-Mobile. You would save money and have the advantage of getting endless reviews. You would have time to see if it is worth the money and lives up to at least your expectations. I mean, you've lived your whole life without the iPhone, you can certainly live without it for a few more months. But maybe it will save your life somehow if you shell out the big bucks. Who's to say? Certainly not me.

aloshka

May 17, 2007
Fortunately for me, I'm already on cingular and due for a new phone. But if I were in your position, I would hold off on buying the iPhone until my existing contract was up with T-Mobile. You would save money and have the advantage of getting endless reviews. You would have time to see if it is worth the money and lives up to at least your expectations. I mean, you've lived your whole life without the iPhone, you can certainly live without it for a few more months. But maybe it will save your life somehow if you shell out the big bucks. Who's to say? Certainly not me.
I really like your thinking and thanks for the post. I'm just a crazy man, and keep switching phones and carriers and can't stop. No logic behind it really. iPhone is new, and it's my fix. Some people are addicted to drugs, I'm addicted to pda-style technlogy. Started in 2001 when the first iPAQ came out. Been eBaying/rebuying devices ever since. I need a psychologiest not an iPhone.

iPhoneObsessed

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS
www.myspace.com
I really like your thinking and thanks for the post. I'm just a crazy man, and keep switching phones and carriers and can't stop. No logic behind it really. iPhone is new, and it's my fix. Some people are addicted to drugs, I'm addicted to pda-style technlogy. Started in 2001 when the first iPAQ came out. Been eBaying/rebuying devices ever since. I need a psychologiest not an iPhone.
haha, yes, I'm the same way. In high school I hated cellphones and everyone that had them. I got one right before I went off to college to keep in touch with everyone. I got one of those phones that are a piece of crap that you get for free with a 2 yr contract. Well, I upgraded. and upgraded. And now I think I'm addicted. This is my first pda/smartphone though... and I can imagine the day it comes out I'll have to take the day off and spend all day playing on it. :)

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I got one of those phones that are a piece of crap that you get for free with a 2 yr contract.
That's the kind of "nice" phone I have right now. :( Had to switch to Verizon because my entire family is on it and gave up my SE T610. I loved that phone. Now I'm due for another nice phone since I've had to endure this stupid one. I hate using it.