Give Yahoo!Mail a Second Chance?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Being an X-Blackberry user the whole thing with the Yahoo 'push' email has been pissing me off. You others that have tried Yahoo as an alternative to the BB know what I am talking about.

As of Monday my iPhone Yahoo mail screen had been saying 'checking email' for 4 to 5 days. I had finally had enough and I deleted the entire account.

Good Riddance!

I changed my work forward to my Gmail account. This sucks since I always like to keep my work and personal email separate.

Then the next day I see a news story that Yahoo! Mial was coming out of beta. The article even pointed out that it offered push email to iPhone users!

This made me chuckle. :laugh2:

Out or pure curiosity I re-added my Yahoo account to my iPhone and it has been working flawlessly.:laugh2:

I can't believe it. I am even getting them to my iPhone before I even get the pop up message from Entourage (Outlook on a Mac).

Did I just hit a lucky streak?
Does Yahoo Mail seem to be working better for anyone else this week?

Maybe deleting it and re-adding it along with the release got it working.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
No luck for me...deleted my Yahoo email account and then added it back in...sent a test message to myself and nothing comes through. If I do a manual retrieve then bam there it is.
Still not working properly, IMHO.
But, I hope you are one of the lucky few who have it working properly.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I think like most, mine has been hit or miss. Sometimes they go right away and sometimes it only catches them in a manual/scheduled update:sick:

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
As someone using it for a 2 months now, it seems to me it is more of a programming problem on the iPhone than a Yahoo problem.

it seems like the situation to watch for is when the iPhone has been in a location with no EDGE service AND no WiFi (i.e. not connected), it never returns to properly getting Yahoo mail until the phone is powered off and then back on.

for those having Yahoo problems, try it. When you notice it is not getting mail "normally", power off the phone (hold the SLEEP button for 8 seconds until you get the power off confirmation swipe), count to 5 and power it back on.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Are you using the free Yahoo mail, or the Premium Business package?

I'm using the Business edition and have had no such problems.

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
mine are always hit or miss also.. sometimes it works amazing.. and other times its really crappy.. but usually if i hit the refresh button it almost always pulls up all the correct email

volcomguysd

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
hahahahah...it's a mess!

Hit or miss for me as well.

Some days it works wonderful and I get my emails instantaneously but other days, today for example, they don't come. I looked this morning and saw last update 6:38 pm last night! Did a manual retreive and next thing you know....."Downloading 1 of 13...."

I've noticed that this mostly happens when i'm at school where I get poor service and then when I get home, the emails stop coming.

svtguy08

Aug 4, 2007
CA
I have been using a free yahoo mail account for the past month and it has pushed 90% of mail successfuly. It seems to take longer if your inbox on the computer has a lot of unopened emails. One thing I noticed is that if you have a yahoo account that was created before the iPhone was introduced then the "push" doesn't seem to work. My account created 4 yrs ago doesn't push but the new account sure does.

-Ryan