Giving my son iPhone 4, question about transfer.

randuff

Aug 3, 2010
Fort Worth
My son is using my old 3Gs. I plan on giving him my 4 but since the sim cards are different is this something I need to do at AT&T and is the transfer on iTunes easy?

Aug 1, 2007
My son is using my old 3Gs. I plan on giving him my 4 but since the sim cards are different is this something I need to do at AT&T and is the transfer on iTunes easy?
You need to go to AT&T and get a micro sim. They will activate it there no problem, just tell them what you are doing.

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
Are you giving him your 4 because you got a 4S?

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
You need to go to AT&T and get a micro sim. They will activate it there no problem, just tell them what you are doing.
You don't have to go to AT&T. Activate your 4S & call AT&T & tell them what you wanna do with the 4. Have all the info for that device & they will transfer using the sim already in it. (have sim #, imei, etc).

randuff

Aug 3, 2010
Fort Worth
Are you giving him your 4 because you got a 4S?
Yes :)

You don't have to go to AT&T. Activate your 4S & call AT&T & tell them what you wanna do with the 4. Have all the info for that device & they will transfer using the sim already in it. (have sim #, imei, etc).
Awesome, Thanks!

GoalieEd

Bronze
Jul 10, 2010
One problem I had with iMessage was messages to both phones and even though they were on different Apple account until I turned off iMessage and turned it back on