Gizmodo forcing moblie site on iPhone?

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
When I view gizmodo on my phone I will get the home page to show up like normal, but if I push "next" or search for anything, all I get back is the mobile site with no way to go back to the full site. I have cleared my cookies, cache and history, all with no change. Is anyone else having this issue?

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I have done side by side comparisons between my desk top and iPhone and found that many web sites that offer both mobile and regular sites will redirect my iPhone to the mobile site. Not all but some.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
I have been forced to go to the mobile site since Monday. I really don't like their mobile site. I like the regular old gizmodo.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
hey had a post about it and they know of the problem and are trying to fix a work around. I guess when they updated their system for the commenting, it also forced all mobile devices to the mobile site. Hope to see it fixed soon!

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Just so everyone knows, they fixed the problem. There is a link now that brings you backto the full page.

Aug 15, 2010
When I view gizmodo on my phone I will get the home page to show up like normal, but if I push "next" or search for anything, all I get back is the mobile site with no way to go back to the full site. I have cleared my cookies, cache and history, all with no change. Is anyone else having this issue?
I know this is old but I also found this issue on my iPad 2. The first page of mobile Gizmodo shows up with just a list of the articles but page 2 renders properly with images. I changed the address from p=2 to p=1 and bookmarked it. Now when I go to the mobile bookmark it renders page 1 properly. Try this link http://m.gizmodo.com/?p=1.