Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Nice little read, thanks!:laugh2:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Nice article. It's fun to point and laugh in the competition's face.

- John

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
iPhone comes with, You Tube, Safari, Headphones, USB Cable & Bragging Rights.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
iPhone comes with, You Tube, Safari, Headphones, USB Cable & Bragging Rights.
An excellent point. The common thread amongst the iPhone killers is that although they may share some common functionality with the iPhone, they will always be imitations. Apple astutely recognized the market gap and filled it with a truly innovative device.

The iPhone killers will have to introduce something extraordinary to take the lead. How about a phone which can transform into a car?:)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Heh -- remember when the iPhone was introduced and competitors poo-pooed the idea of touchscreens? Touchscreens seem very popular lately!

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
What cell phone manufacturers are finally realizing is that consumers will pay a premium for devices that don't treat them like idiots. I shouldn't have to hack the registry of a WM phone just to tell me I have no missed calls.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Heh -- remember when the iPhone was introduced and competitors poo-pooed the idea of touchscreens? Touchscreens seem very popular lately!
Hey, I used to be a "poo-pooEE" myself before the thing come out I was denouncing it left and right and looking at getting me one of those snazzy windows mobile smartphones WITHOUT touchscreen. I work on a windows mobile touchscreen device everyday at work and it's a very rugged machine but the touchscreen doesn't stand up to the elements as well as advertised so I was somewhat skeptical about a touchscreen device escpecially without a stylus, I thought it was so stupid, what a retarded idea!

10 months later and I have a countdown to the day I'm hoping to get my new phone and nearly 2000 posts in a forum that, quite literally, I can't yet relate to, lol.

So yes, I saw the light, and I have no intentions of even turning back and looking at other wannabee smartphones.;)

One of my tools at work.

Last edited by a moderator: