Glass or plastic or ?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm sure the screen is still the same glass that the current iPhones have and the bezel is the same as well. It appears that way at least.

jeepshots

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
So the case is plastic, looks like. What is the screen made of? I liked the steel and glass myself.
Dunno. I had assumed it was still the plate of glass. might be wrong tho. Nonetheless, I prefer (at this point in time) the aluminum and glass combo. Will reserve judgment until I can fondle... errr.... touch a V2 phone. :cool:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
It looked like glass when they showed the iPhone in the Mobile Me guided tour.

marklynn70

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida
www.myspace.com
I bet it is still glass. If it was replaced with something else they would have tried to make you feel better about it by explaining how they further lightened it.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
It better be glass, I'm already mad that they chose cheapass plastic for the new iPhone! Why did they have to mess with perfection? Holding the iPhone feels like holding a piece of expensive jewelry, but since they want it "lighter" they gotta downgrade :mad:
-btw I don't see the point the with the whole "its gotta be lighter and thinner" thing, I don't see anything wrong with the original iPhones design or thinness. The iPhone is already thinner than more than half of my friends smartphones, and a lot more studier :)
-I think it may be best for to find a v1 iPhone on ebay or something because eventhough I wanna stay on the "cutting-edge" of technology, this isn't worth it :mad:

or the better

Last edited by a moderator:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
It better be glass, I'm already mad that they chose cheapass plastic for the new iPhone! Why did they have to mess with perfection? Holding the iPhone feels like holding a piece of expensive jewelry, but since they want it "lighter" they gotta downgrade :mad:
-btw I don't see the point the with the whole "its gotta be lighter and thinner" thing, I don't see anything wrong with the original iPhones design or thinness. The iPhone is already thinner than more than half of my friends smartphones, and a lot more studier :)
-I think it may be best for to find a v1 iPhone on ebay or something because eventhough I wanna stay on the "cutting-edge" of technology, this isn't worth it :mad:

or the better
Im sure Apple made it feel very nice and strong. Steve said that it feels reallllllly nice lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
The more sturdier, Expensive Jewelry like feel and look!

Now doesn't that look orgasmic lol! I don't use plastic to pleasure me lol! alright im gonna stop before I get banned lol!
Btw their was some image limit, on how many pictures I could insert :(