Gmail "Autocheck" issue

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Air

Oct 14, 2007
Hello! I'm a new iPhone user, and I love learning neat tips and tricks for using this amazing device.

I only have a slight problem though, and that is that even though my phone is set to automatically check my email every 30 minutes, it seems to only be checking it when I manually go into email or some really random automatic check every other day or so. I'm using only one email account and it's a Gmail account. Any tips you guys know to get my iPhone to actually start automatically checking my email every 30 minutes?

Thank you in advance!

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Hello! I'm a new iPhone user, and I love learning neat tips and tricks for using this amazing device.

I only have a slight problem though, and that is that even though my phone is set to automatically check my email every 30 minutes, it seems to only be checking it when I manually go into email or some really random automatic check every other day or so. I'm using only one email account and it's a Gmail account. Any tips you guys know to get my iPhone to actually start automatically checking my email every 30 minutes?

Thank you in advance!
Where do u go to set that? I have this phone for a month now and i don't know

ragman

Sep 9, 2007
I thnk that the Gmail problem is happening to me (and others too).

I find that if I re-boot the phone it seems to restore the automatic checking checking feature.