GMAIL - Excel, Docs, PDF's, all open up

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

invincible569

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
It seems to me that I am forced to migrate over to a Gmail account since I cant use my roadrunner (cant send), gmail email is very fast, and I can view word docs, excel spreadsheets and pdf's. Very cool. Maybe this was Apple's marketing strategy since they may have a businesss deal with Google, AT&T, and the likes. Sorry hotmail, I don't check you as much as anymore. :(

D1CK1E

Jul 1, 2007
I dare say that a Yahoo account might be better with the iPhone. Currently I am using both, but the gmail account has some issues (such as mail sent by me showing back up in my inbox).

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
It seems to me that I am forced to migrate over to a Gmail account since I cant use my roadrunner (cant send) :(
You need to use an At&t outgoing mail server.

You can't use smtp.tx.rr.com or any other RR ones (other RR States ones) over the EDGE network. RR blocks outgoing mail outside there Network.

invincible569

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
You need to use an At&t outgoing mail server.

You can't use smtp.tx.rr.com or any other RR ones (other RR States ones) over the EDGE network. RR blocks outgoing mail outside there Network.

I've tried all those and it doesn't work. Check out the Roadrunner thread.

samd12

Jul 8, 2007
I'm confused

You can view attachments from any mail service, Gmail doesn't offer anything special. You can also view them from the web
I emailed a word document to my gmail account and when i viewed it on the iPhone it did not show up at all. Am I missing something?

invincible569

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I emailed a word document to my gmail account and when i viewed it on the iPhone it did not show up at all. Am I missing something?
You should be able to click on the doc link and it will open. Are you using webmail or going straight through a pop gmail account? Im using pop.

samd12

Jul 8, 2007
I used

You should be able to click on the doc link and it will open. Are you using webmail or going straight through a pop gmail account? Im using pop.
I used the GMail icon under add an account when I set it up. You can see word docs?

I just did a new test, i do not even see the attachment at all in my gmail or .mac account

Ok wait, now I see the file but it does not open. what the hel! am I doing wrong here