GMail IMAP vs Yahoo Push

GX1

Aug 14, 2007
So what do you think about Gmail IMAP on the iPhone vs the Yahoo Push?

I think gmail is a little better, i wish it would push thought.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
i wish it would push though
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about Yahoo (push doesn't work on my phone, like many others, apparently)

IMAP is a HUGE improvement to the Gmail interface. Now if there was a way to group threaded conversations like Gmail's web interface, I'd never have to surf to gmail.com ever again!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I was cursing Google until I finally got the IMAP pushed to my account for them taking so long to do it (I've been a gmail user since the very first beta days, you would think they'd throw me a bone). However now that I've got it, OMFG, I love it. I do with it would push, but having IMAP is such a huge improvement over POP.

electoman

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Push seems to work on my phone just fine for Yahoo. I finally got my IT guy to set up IMAP on our exchange server. Now the iPhone can do my businesss email.

GX1

Aug 14, 2007
Yahoo push is flaky. It works once in a while, but most of the time I get the email within 1hr or 3hrs. Google is good, but I would like to see push gmail. True push is like blackberry. get your email within 1 minute.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I love Gmail IMAP. It appears they are changing the way the emails are formatted and handled too. I've noticed this within the last few days.... so far just minor visual tweaks...