Gmail iPhone and Gmail Apple Mail App

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

aaiphone

Sep 21, 2007
I recently switched to a Mac and configured the Mail app on the Mac to check my GMail account (and have it set to not delete emails from the server) but if I leave my Mail app on the Mac opened and checking for mail the emails never arrive on my iPhone.... When I login to web mail the emails are there and they are in my Mac mail but never on my iPhone....

Anyone else ever run into this and have any suggestions?

TIA

gregneedham

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I recently switched to a Mac and configured the Mail app on the Mac to check my GMail account (and have it set to not delete emails from the server) but if I leave my Mail app on the Mac opened and checking for mail the emails never arrive on my iPhone.... When I login to web mail the emails are there and they are in my Mac mail but never on my iPhone....

Anyone else ever run into this and have any suggestions?

TIA
There are several ways to handle this, such as setting up your mail.app to leave a copy of the emails on the server, but I suggest you look at Alien Camel for iPhone mail service.

I have 5 email addresses, but forward all of them to Alien Camel and they are all synced on the 3 devices I use. Inbox, sent, drafts etc. are all synced on my laptop, desktop and iPhone. Great spam control too. This allows me to check only one email address on the phone and get all my email, plus if it is deleted on the laptop, or marked as read, it is the same on all 3 computers.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Unfortunately from what I remember you have to turn on recent mode on the iPhone. The problem is that if your Mail client on your desktop pop's the mail and you don't have recent GMail / the iPhone sees that mail as already being downloaded and won't bring it to your iPhone. The only problem with recent is you will get all your sent emails in your inbox on your iPhone, however there is a workout for it if you search the forums (I'm feeling lazy right now).