GMail Issues on iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dmoskaluk, Aug 26, 2014.

1. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

This is something I've never seen before ..... As of this morning ( 26/09/2014 - 07:00 AST) I do not seem to be able to get to my email ( GMail) on Safari, Chrome, or Firefox on my iMac desktop. All I get when using the bookmarks I've had since I set up the desktop a year or so ago is a fullscreen of gobbledygook. I have changed nothing, so I tried my gmail apps on iPhone and iPad and all is fine. I cleared the caches and browser histories from all browsers on the desktop to no avail. I also tried entry simply with "mail.google.com" ( in lieu of my bookmarks) and got the same result ( the complete screen of gobbledygook)
    Any ideas ??

2. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

All now seems back to, or getting back to 'normal' .... although some websites using 'Google Map' based displays are still messed up. Glad I have iPad / iPhone access to mail, as this is a wake up call indicating how deep one entity like Google can penetrate ones connection with the world. It was only through 'DownDetector‘ that I found out that I was far from alone with this issue, and that it appeared mostly to be localized to the Caribbean ....

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Glad it's getting back to normal. :)

4. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

I have tried to keep most of my web resources on a 'stand-alone' footing, consciously avoiding the barrage of link type requests to essentially tie them together. So there are usually work arounds when one entity misbehaves. I was relieved to say the least when I saw so many reports of others having the same issues yesterday with GMail, however I found that after it was remedied, many of the other Google based sites still had big issues. As of right now though, all my 'stuff' seems fine. A VERY rainy morning here in paradise :cool: