GMail Issues on iMac

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sign up

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
293
41
28
65
Paynes Bay - Barbados
#1
This is something I've never seen before ..... As of this morning ( 26/09/2014 - 07:00 AST) I do not seem to be able to get to my email ( GMail) on Safari, Chrome, or Firefox on my iMac desktop. All I get when using the bookmarks I've had since I set up the desktop a year or so ago is a fullscreen of gobbledygook. I have changed nothing, so I tried my gmail apps on iPhone and iPad and all is fine. I cleared the caches and browser histories from all browsers on the desktop to no avail. I also tried entry simply with "mail.google.com" ( in lieu of my bookmarks) and got the same result ( the complete screen of gobbledygook)
Any ideas ??
 

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
293
41
28
65
Paynes Bay - Barbados
#2
All now seems back to, or getting back to 'normal' .... although some websites using 'Google Map' based displays are still messed up. Glad I have iPad / iPhone access to mail, as this is a wake up call indicating how deep one entity like Google can penetrate ones connection with the world. It was only through 'DownDetector‘ that I found out that I was far from alone with this issue, and that it appeared mostly to be localized to the Caribbean ....
 

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
4,791
979
113
65
Florence, AL
#3
All now seems back to, or getting back to 'normal' .... although some websites using 'Google Map' based displays are still messed up. Glad I have iPad / iPhone access to mail, as this is a wake up call indicating how deep one entity like Google can penetrate ones connection with the world. It was only through 'DownDetector‘ that I found out that I was far from alone with this issue, and that it appeared mostly to be localized to the Caribbean ....
Glad it's getting back to normal. :)
 

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
293
41
28
65
Paynes Bay - Barbados
#4
I have tried to keep most of my web resources on a 'stand-alone' footing, consciously avoiding the barrage of link type requests to essentially tie them together. So there are usually work arounds when one entity misbehaves. I was relieved to say the least when I saw so many reports of others having the same issues yesterday with GMail, however I found that after it was remedied, many of the other Google based sites still had big issues. As of right now though, all my 'stuff' seems fine. A VERY rainy morning here in paradise :cool: