Gmail: moving messages into a new mailbox

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
...wanna know how you can make your msgs disappear without trashing them? open the msg, click the folder icon (2nd from the left)...and chk your draft folder to find its not there....LOL...but uh its really not funny...it really happened to me...tech support anyone?:laugh2:

smitty24

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Lakeland, FL
...wanna know how you can make your msgs disappear without trashing them? open the msg, click the folder icon (2nd from the left)...and chk your draft folder to find its not there....LOL...but uh its really not funny...it really happened to me...tech support anyone?:laugh2:
move it to your ALL MAIL folder and it will not be in your inbox, but it wont get trashed either...if youre using IMAP, it will do it on the server too....

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
move it to your ALL MAIL folder and it will not be in your inbox, but it wont get trashed either...if youre using IMAP, it will do it on the server too....
thanks smit- ..i don't have an ALL MAIL folder on my phone's gmail...what i was talkn bout was my phone, not the server...

smitty24

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Lakeland, FL
thanks smit- ..i don't have an ALL MAIL folder on my phone's gmail...what i was talkn bout was my phone, not the server...
hmm...all mail is a default folder on gmail.

on the phone - from your inbox, in the top left, click the Mailboxes arrow and it will give you a list of folders. you should see all the folders under Gmail listed.

zandrik

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
IMAP Setup for Gmail on iPhone

hmm...all mail is a default folder on gmail.

on the phone - from your inbox, in the top left, click the Mailboxes arrow and it will give you a list of folders. you should see all the folders under Gmail listed.
Sounds like you may not have IMAP setup. Go here to find out how to setup Gmail IMAP for the iPhone.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Sounds like you may not have IMAP setup. Go here to find out how to setup Gmail IMAP for the iPhone.
dude(not like the commercial:laugh2:)...you are a genius man!...man the Apple iPhone rep couldn't even tell me that...why does it seem like the people with the real knowledge aint on staff...humph...