GMail Notifier

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
You know I was sitting here thinking to myself, a GMail notifier for the iPhone would be awesome. Since I'm using gmail and it has a really nice iPhone interface, I'd rather not use Mail at all. I'd just like to know when I have new emails so I can load up GMail and take a look. I'm thinking when Apple releases the SDK in Jan, this might be the first app I make.

Anyone else think this would be useful?

Jul 13, 2008
Gmail Notifier for 3G iPhone

Did you go ahead and create this app? It think it would be very popular since the new 3G iPhone doesn't support Push email for Gmail. To work around the problem I ended up setting up a Yahoo! account which I forward all of my gmail emails to. iPhone has push e-mail for Yahoo so now i'm notified right away if I have an email.

Let me know though if you have figured out a gmail notifier though cause I'd rather have that then my work around.

Sarah.

You know I was sitting here thinking to myself, a GMail notifier for the iPhone would be awesome. Since I'm using gmail and it has a really nice iPhone interface, I'd rather not use Mail at all. I'd just like to know when I have new emails so I can load up GMail and take a look. I'm thinking when Apple releases the SDK in Jan, this might be the first app I make.

Anyone else think this would be useful?