Gmail push not pushing?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
My gmail stopped pushing and I sometimes get emails hours after they hit the inbox. Anyone else with these problems or know how to fix?

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Well my mail is not set on push or fetch and I still get emails that get pushed anyway. Sometimes they r a few hours behind but I don't mind. I have my gmail set to send me a text message everytime I get an email. That way I safe battery power and have push & fetch set to off.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Yeah it's been pretty flaky for me. I switched back to IMAP fetch after a day. The other thing that drove me nuts was I could NOT delete a message...I'd have to swipe, delete, then it goes to All Mail, then manually go into All Mail and then MOVE it to the trash. No thanks...push is way cool but I just don't need email that quickly, 15 min is enough.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I am thinking about just going back to the old way since it is so screwed up.
For the past 24 hours or so Gmail hasn't worked very well for me. I got no emails for about 2 hours, then 14 came through at once. :(

Once Google sort their servers out I think it will be fine

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
I have my push settings and my email set for user@gmail.com. Do I need to change it to googlemail.com? Does that help. It worked fine up until about a week ago. Also, do I need to disable IMAP or POP in my gmail settings? Is there a conflict there? I thought it wouldn't make a difference but now I am not sure.

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
But the account does not end in @gmail.com

It ends in something else.
Your company uses google apps then? My school does that too, my addy ends in @mail.usf.edu but I use Gmail's interface to view email.

I would think that it could still be pushed, because it IS google's servers you are using, but I can't be certain.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
The longest I've waited for a push email so far has been maybe a minute. Gmail has been much better than yahoo and even Apple's own push notifications.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Mine worked the first week flawlessly and rivaled the way my trial MobilMe account operated. After that though it started to lag. Yahoo push has been operating fairly well but I prefer gmail over yahoo. I am hoping their server issues get resolved and that this fixes this lag issue. Not giving up yet.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Good news...mine seems to be working fine now. Maybe they got their issues resolved. I'm getting emails the same minute they hit the inbox.