Gmail question, I'm confused?

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
hello, i noticed on gmail on my pc there is a headline for changes to gmail on the iPhone...so i go to my gmail and its the same...i then accessed it through safari and it is different. the face has been updated and looks more like it does on a pc...does anyone know why its updated when accessed through safari but not from the mail icon on the home screen? thanks

Xardis

Jul 10, 2007
Well I think Google changed the way its homepage looks on the iPhone to make it look a little better and more responsive for the iPhone. I don't have Safari on a PC so I am not sure how it looks on there. I know by default though, when you goto google.com on the iPhone, you goto a mobile version optimized for the iPhone (the link actually reads www.google.com/m)

In the 1.1.3 patch, your Gmail accounts are automactically converted from POP to IMAP, unless you had manually setup your IMAP connection previously. This should allow you to see all of your labels/folders and such on your iPhone and manage them as if you were on the Web page.

Hopefully some of this addresses your questions.......

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
the only way i can see all of that info is by accessing google from the web browser...not by the mail link...i want to see all of that with the mail link. by the way, i don't have safari oon my pc, i use ie...