Gmail sent mail question...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
When I send an email with a gmail account I get that email in my inbox as if I sent it to myself. How do I make that stop?

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
When I send an email with a gmail account I get that email in my inbox as if I sent it to myself. How do I make that stop?
Do you have forwarding turned off in your main gmail account? I had this trouble when I had my blackberry and I had to trick the blackberry email settings by creating a script.

I'm still waiting on my phone to activate. Once I get it set up, if you're still having probs, I'll try to figure it out an let yo know.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Do you have forwarding turned off in your main gmail account? I had this trouble when I had my blackberry and I had to trick the blackberry email settings by creating a script.

I'm still waiting on my phone to activate. Once I get it set up, if you're still having probs, I'll try to figure it out an let yo know.
My BB did it too. Figured it was something with BB, but I guess not.

Jun 22, 2007
i don't know exactly how to fix it but i know the cause. you know how gmail formats in the "conversation thread" way, where all your sent msgs get tagged on to the ones you replied to u know... that has something to do with it. all i know is when i tried to retrieve my gmail from outlook, it did the same thing, i got all my sent messages in my inbox. so its not the phone, its something with gmail... i dunno how to disable that feature on gmail though, trying to figure it out.

weathaman

Jun 29, 2007
I might have found it. On gmail go to settings:Fowarding and pop: 2. When messages are accessed with POP: select delete gmail's copy.

I hope this works.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Ya we aren't CCing ourself. It happens because of gmail putting a copy in your mail, so the phone thinks you've gotten a new email. I'll try what the above poster did.

Edit: Nope, didn't fix it.

Doc1701

Jun 22, 2007
Got mine to stop doing this by going to settings on iPhone under the Gmail account and turning off "Recent Mode" at the bottom.

Don't know why but it did the trick. :)