Gmail via Safari

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Harrison

Sep 9, 2007
Hello,

Could anyone please try Gmail on Safari and tell me what it's like to use. Is it easy enough to read mail and use Gmail? E.g. does it all fit on ok?

The reason I ask is because I'm guessing it'll be the same on the iPod touch except I won't have the luxury of a mail client.

Thanks for your help!

Aug 21, 2007
i have a problem with writing messages in gmail. Ie. Composing, replying or forwarding. For some reason the keyboard does not show up. Does any one else have this problem also?

Aug 3, 2007
Yes, I had the same issue. I had thought that I had used the keyboard in my gmail from safari before. I was surprised when I couldn't get it to appear. I ended up going back to the mail application to write the email.

But viewing the mail was no problem through safari. In fact, I prefer when there are pictures in the email. Sometimes it takes that email application far too long to load the entire picture.

I get antsy and hit the trashcan instead. I'd rather watch the delete animation and move on.

Harrison

Sep 9, 2007
The whole point of the thread is because the iPod touch doesn't have a mail client (yet). I wanted to see if I could use Gmail via Safari as the touch does have that.

A user above said you cannot reply because the box doesn't appear.

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
There is a way to get the keyboard to show up when you want to reply or compose a message. To get the keyboard to come up when you are reading to start typing in the body of the message, just hit the plain text option. This will change over to plain text and you can now start typing in a message. The only drawback is you will not be able to customize your font and stuff. But it does work.

- Garrett