gnarly crucial help needed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 13, 2007
so, something went wrong with my iPhone a couple of days ago; the center horizontal about-a-centimeter tall row of the touch screen doesn't work. i restored hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. the problem this creates is that i cannot turn on my wifi (because i cannot open the settings) to jailbreak and install installer to take off the carrier logo that will void that warranty that i need for Apple to fix my phone. i think i need to get installer on there, but i don't know how. im runnin on 1.1.2 just to make things tougher.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
so, something went wrong with my iPhone a couple of days ago; the center horizontal about-a-centimeter tall row of the touch screen doesn't work. i restored hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. the problem this creates is that i cannot turn on my wifi (because i cannot open the settings) to jailbreak and install installer to take off the carrier logo that will void that warranty that i need for Apple to fix my phone. i think i need to get installer on there, but i don't know how. im runnin on 1.1.2 just to make things tougher.
Well, you're gonna have to jailbreak it to get installer on it.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/this-is-how-to-jailbreak-a-1-1-2-otb-iphone.16428/
If you're not using an out-of-the-box 1.1.2, but an upgraded one, you'll have to do a search on how to jailbreak an iPhone that has been upgraded to 1.1.2. I hope this helps somewhat!

Oct 13, 2007
yes, i have restored it, but the carrier logo will not come off for some reason. i think if i can jailbreak it, install installer, and delete the carrier app i used (or change it to something other than JordanMobile so Apple wont immediately be able to tell its been modded) i should be fine. but since i cant access the settings, i don't know how to jailbreak without the use of wifi