Go big or go home

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
On 23rd Oct I walked into AT&T and asked, "Do you happen to have any iPhone 6's?" They said, yes. Weird I thought, but, I'll take one to go please...

Since the 23rd, I've been using my iPhone 6, but kept thinking the Plus was just too big. But honestly, who am I to tell Apple they are wrong? So, I walked into the SAME AT&T shop this evening and asked, "Do you have an iPhone Plus 64GB?" They said, yes! I dashed home, grabbed the box for my iPhone 6, and returned to the shop to upgrade.

Yep, just like that...

Sent from my iPad using iCafe Forums

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Congrats!

The Plus is just to large for me.. I did however exchange my 16GB iPhone 6 for a 128GB version as I was a wee bit worried about space.. I wanted 64GB but they didn't have any..

I did go big but in my case it was storage wise..

JanL

Bronze
Aug 26, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
What city are you in? I've camped, called for days, looked on websites for days with no luck on a 6+. I do have one on order but it's not do to send until the mid to end of November.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
What city are you in? I've camped, called for days, looked on websites for days with no luck on a 6+. I do have one on order but it's not do to send until the mid to end of November.
I live in the Cleveland are and all three Apple Stores had the pluses in stock. Not all sizes but some for each carrier. I think if you have multiple Apple Stores near you it's the only way to find one. AT&T is a lot harder.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Atlanta, GA. But, I live in Kennesaw, GA (Acworth). I think it was more down to luck for me...

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I'm jealous. I am looking every day for a 64 gig, plus.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
...seriously, it was pure luck for me. I was actually looking for an iPhone 6 64GB or 128GB. I looked at the iPhone Plus again, and thought, I'll have that, to go!

I'm jealous. I am looking every day for a 64 gig, plus.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
So I just called my local AT&T store here in Soldotna, Alaska -- the one that I camped out for three and half hours on launch morning, but I managed to secure one of the 13 iPhone 6+ models they received on launch day. I got the 64 GB gold model. When I called the store just now, they told me they didn't expect to receive any more until probably early December. He also told me that they had not had any in the store since launch day.

Have I mentioned how much I love my 64 GB gold iPhone 6 Plus??

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
So I just called my local AT&T store here in Soldotna, Alaska -- the one that I camped out for three and half hours on launch morning, but I managed to secure one of the 13 iPhone 6+ models they received on launch day. I got the 64 GB gold model. When I called the store just now, they told me they didn't expect to receive any more until probably early December. He also told me that they had not had any in the store since launch day.

Have I mentioned how much I love my 64 GB gold iPhone 6 Plus??
I was at my local AT&T store in the Cleveland area changing my plan and getting my wife a new phone and the sales person said they won't receive any Plus' until December. It must be across the board.

Sent using an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB on AT&T.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
On 23rd Oct I walked into AT&T and asked, "Do you happen to have any iPhone 6's?" They said, yes. Weird I thought, but, I'll take one to go please...

Since the 23rd, I've been using my iPhone 6, but kept thinking the Plus was just too big. But honestly, who am I to tell Apple they are wrong? So, I walked into the SAME AT&T shop this evening and asked, "Do you have an iPhone Plus 64GB?" They said, yes! I dashed home, grabbed the box for my iPhone 6, and returned to the shop to upgrade.

Yep, just like that...

Did the same thing. Got a 6 on release day. Was happy for it for the week I had it but I knew deep down I was really wanting the Plus and only got the 6 because I couldn't find a Plus anywhere. When I found a Plus available I jumped on it and returned my 6. My only dilemma now is figuring out which phone between the Plus and Note 4 I prefer. I love them both. Been using the Plus more as of late but it goes in cycles.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey

Yep, just like that...

@naviwilliams

i like stories like this. I almost got a 6, but I loved he 6+ from the moment i laid eyes on it. I had an adventure trying to get my 6+ but I'm glad I smartened up and Went Big! The 6+ is a phenomenal iPhone and I just love it.

CONGRATS on your recent iPhone 6+ purchase! I know you'll love it more and more everyday.

Last edited:

brdmsd

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I bought a 6 on launch day but purchased a 6 plus on my wife's upgrade yesterday. She now has the 6 and after using the plus for one day, the 6 now seems small to me. The plus is not too big at all and a lot easier to look at.