Go from Unlocked 1.1.1 to Unlocked 1.1.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Archives' started by wildonrio, Nov 29, 2007.

1. wildonrio

wildonrio New Member
    Gold

Some info on Firmware 1.1.2:

Many of you who have 1.1.1 probably think that it is perfect and updating to 1.1.2 is unnecessary. I used to think the same way. Let me just dispel all rumors and say that 1.1.2 is a lot better than you think. Here are the three main reasons why:
    • It has improved stability. Much less crashing.
    • It has increased CPU speed. When programs open and close, the window no longer "skips" but smoothly opens and closes like it should.
    • It has improved battery management. This means your battery life will be improved.
    For these reasons, I decided to write this guide.

BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
    • This will not work if you the if 4th and 5th digit of your serial number is 46 or higher. In other words, if you bought your iPhone and it already came with firmware 1.1.2, then this guide will not work! Out-of-box 1.1.2 iPhones are currently (as of 11-29-07) impossible to unlock, so don't try.
    • Before you do this, go to Settings > General > About. Make sure your firmware version is 1.1.1 and your Modem Firmware is 04.01.13_G.
    • On the other hand, if everything on your iPhone checks out, don't be nervous. This unlock will be very easy for you. I just have to weed out the newbies who don't know how to focus by using lots of red bold print :)
    NEEDED:
    • 1.1.1 iPhone, possibly previously unlocked with anySIM 1.1.
    • The iPhone Dev Team's 1.1.2 Jailbreak Program HERE.
    • WiFi/EDGE access on the phone.
    • iTunes (the computer version)

STEPS:

1. Go to Installer (make sure it's the newest version), then push the Install tab on the bottom, go to All Packages and install Oktoprep. I must stress the importance of this step. If you forget to do this step and update to 1.1.2 first, then you are going to have to downgrade back down to 1.1.1 again, which is a headache.

2. Open iTunes on the computer, sync your phone, then update your phone to version 1.1.2. If a newer version is out by the time you read this guide, do not use that version. Only 1.1.2.

3. iTunes will now possibly encounter an error, your phone will be unactivated and will inform you that you have an incorrect SIM. Do not panic. Go here and download the 1.1.2 jailbreak program by the iPhone Dev Team and run it. It will take a little bit, just let it completely finish. When it's done, you will have the friendly "Slide to Unlock" screen on your iPhone and you will be taken to the homescreen with the Installer app waiting for you.

4. Now push Installer, go to Install on the bottom, then All Packages, then find and install anySIM 1.2.1u. Watch out my friends, because there will be several anySIM versions to choose from, many being version 1.1, which will not work. Just check the version before you install it, and make sure it says 1.2.1u. (If for some reason anySIM 1.2.1u isn't on the list, then go to Sources on the bottom, then Edit, then Add, then type it rep.frenchiPhone.com, then Refresh, then Install, then All Packages, then anySIM 1.2.1u.)

5. Once it's installed, go into Settings and turn Airplane Mode ON. Don't forget this step! If you do, anySIM 1.2.1u will fail and who knows what will happen then. Also, go to General > Auto-lock and make sure it's set to Never.

6. Now fearlessly run anySIM 1.2.1u. Once it's done, turn Airplane Mode OFF, and watch the signal bars appear! Feel free to uninstall anySIM as it is no longer needed.

BONUS STEP FOR THOSE OUTSIDE U.S.: Your phone won't work until you go into Installer, then All Packages, install iWorld, and pick your country.

Did something go wrong? Go here and follow instructions to get back to version 1.1.1.

Please give me feedback on this guide so I can improve it if needs be.

Special thanks to Sassha who wrote this guide first.

2. romiy2k

romiy2k New Member

you are a god thank you so much B. I needed that update badly worked like a charm thanks again buddy it worked amazing.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Chris716

Chris716 New Member

very well written

5. fretos86

fretos86 New Member

i have an unlocked v 1.1.1 .Does it mean than by trying to upgrade by phone to 1.1.2 that in case to put 1.1.1 i wont be able to ?

6. wildonrio

wildonrio New Member
    Gold

I don't understand your question

7. ravman

ravman Zealot
    Gold

What if you virginize your iPhone back to 1.0.2 (including modem firmware) and then restore up to 1.1.1. Won't the firmware versions be exactly the same as an OTB 1.1.1 iPhone? i.e. firmware of : 04.01.13_G.

8. memnautikus

memnautikus Member
    Bronze

unlocked

I don't really see the point of unlocking. What's so special about an unlocked iPhone ?

9. fahad20

fahad20 New Member

very well written...jus took me 10 mins to update frm 1.1.1 to 1.1.2.

10. ravman

ravman Zealot
    Gold

So you can use it on another provider (T Mobile etc).

11. fretos86

fretos86 New Member

is it worth upgrading from v 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 ? because my phone is unlocked and i don't want to mess it up? also what abt all those things they say that 1.1.2 blocks 3rd party apps etc?

12. Ananse

Ananse New Member

Will this work if the phone originally came with 1.0.2 was unlocked with anysim102 THEN upgraded to 1.1.1 and unlocked with anysim 1.1? Or does it have to be a phone that came from the box with 1.1.1?

13. wildonrio

wildonrio New Member
    Gold

It works on any phone as long as it did not come 1.1.2 OTB. But you must be on 1.1.1 when you do this guide, so if you're on 1.0.2 then update to 1.1.1 first.

14. wildonrio

wildonrio New Member
    Gold

Like I say in the OP, 1.1.2 is a lot smoother and faster. Up to you.... And yes there is always a risk in doing anything in life but as long as your follow the instructions you'll be fine.

15. wildonrio

wildonrio New Member
    Gold

Back to 1.0.2 from 1.1.2 out of box? If so, then no. The bootloader is a new version in 1.1.2 OOB which prevents unlocking until the dev team finds an exploit.

16. ravman

ravman Zealot
    Gold

Dude, we just tried it and it worked :) sweet.

Guy at work just bought a new iPhone and it was 1.1.2. We bought the phone right down to 1.0.2 (software, firmware, modem baseband etc). we had to use iEraser/Putty and all that stuff to do this. Modem firmware was being reported as: 03.14.08_G. Phone worked fine when jail broken (AT&T SIM).

Then we used iTunes and bought the phone up to 1.1.1. The modem firmware was now reporting as: 04.01.13_G. We jail broke the phone and it worked fine with an AT&T SIM.

We then ran your instructions and we now have a fully unlocked 1.1.2 iPhone. Modem firmware is being reported as: 04.02.13_G.

We have a Virgin UK SIM in the iPhone and it is currently connected to T-Mobile.

You da man!

17. wildonrio

wildonrio New Member
    Gold

If this is true, then you are the world's first. Can you please give a detailed description of how you did it?

18. ravman

ravman Zealot
    Gold

Dang it, ignore me man. Turns out he didn't get it to work and had rolled back to 1.1.1 and anySIM'd it (he wants to use it in the UK). That is why the Virgin SIM was running. I thought it was running under 1.1.2, but it was running under 1.1.1.

Sorry man.

I'm gonna go smack him upside the head!

19. wildonrio

wildonrio New Member
    Gold

So when you first bought it it was 1.1.1 and not 1.1.2 correct?

20. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

There is a method to return a new - out of the box 1.1.2 back to the 1.1.1 baseband firmware. Please check the other 1.1.2 jailbreak posts. There's like 5 of them now.

21. wildonrio

wildonrio New Member
    Gold

I actually have a link to the method in the OP (http://iPhone.unlock.no/#how-to-downgrade-1.1.2) but that still won't unlock it because the bootloader is new for OOB 1.1.2 phones. Downgrading just the firmware and baseband won't help it. Simply stated, an OOB 1.1.2 is unlockable at the moment.