Go from Unlocked 1.1.1 to Unlocked 1.1.2

sameer0230

Oct 29, 2007
I couldnt have returned it because a friend of mine got it from states and i am staying in india and only after unlocking it i realised wifi is not working ......anyway if u do any solution to my problem please post it ..ill really appreciate it ...thanz

MEXIPHONE

Nov 9, 2007
Please Help - Something's not happening.
Ok, I followed the steps but when I try to run jailbreak nothing happens... I double click the windows icon but nothing seems to be going on. I know the instructions said to wait, but i've waited an hour and nothing... help!

EDIT*: Never mind, something was wrong with my Java... unlocked and free now! Thanks.

BTW, could I uninstall iworld after I choosing my country or do I need to leave it installed?

Ananse

Sep 27, 2007
Have successfuly upgraded many phones from new 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and unlocked. However have encountered 2 which for some reason did not unlock. After trying to downgrade to 1.1.1 so I can reload oktoprep and try again I find that for some reason I cannot get past the activation screen. jailbreakme.com only seems to work after many tries and then although it appears to be rebooting it gets stuck on the startup screen with the Apple. Tried restoring 1.1.1 all over again but still arrive at the same point. Any ideas?

Nov 11, 2007
I'm about to do the upgrade from unlocked 1.1.1 to 1.1.2

IF something goes wrong during the process, can I still go back to unlocked 1.1.1. ? If so, how?

Is the guide on Page 1 safe?

sreenathc

Dec 19, 2007
Version 1.1.1 (3A109a) & running Jailbreak1.1.2.zip

Hi,
I am a newbie and am used to only Windows. I got a iPhone with 1.1.1 on the board and jail broke it and got it working without any problems. Now I would like to get this upgraded to 1.1.2. However, I have the following concerns....can somebody help me please?

1. My Version shows up as 1.1.1 (3A109a). So, will this process work for getting from Jailbroken 1.1.1 to Jailbroken 1.1.2?

2. My modem firmware shows as 04.01.13_G. So I guess this should not be a problem

3. When you say 'run 1.1.2 Jaibreak program", I downloaded it and it is a zip file. Do run this program on my Windows (XP) PC when iTunes is running on it and the iPhone is connected or something else please?

Appreciate any help,

Sreenath

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
No, you do the following for a 1.1.1 iPhone:

1. Install "OKToPrep" through Installer App.
2. Update (not restore) to 1.1.2 through iTunes.
3. Run the 1.1.2 Jailbreak app through windows (double click Windows.bat file). Obviously unzip it first.

You're now in 1.1.2 and it's jailbroken and activated.

Hi,
I am a newbie and am used to only Windows. I got a iPhone with 1.1.1 on the board and jail broke it and got it working without any problems. Now I would like to get this upgraded to 1.1.2. However, I have the following concerns....can somebody help me please?

1. My Version shows up as 1.1.1 (3A109a). So, will this process work for getting from Jailbroken 1.1.1 to Jailbroken 1.1.2?

2. My modem firmware shows as 04.01.13_G. So I guess this should not be a problem

3. When you say 'run 1.1.2 Jaibreak program", I downloaded it and it is a zip file. Do run this program on my Windows (XP) PC when iTunes is running on it and the iPhone is connected or something else please?

Appreciate any help,

Sreenath

sreenathc

Dec 19, 2007
Jailbreaking 1.1.1(3A109a)...Did not work for me

Hi,
I followed the steps indicated, but I got into the following problems

1. iTunes never updated the version 1.1.2...it hung up with an error and the iPhone showed an icon of iTines with a connecting plug.....

2. So, I started Jailbreak1.1.2...it said that it could not connect when I asked it to Jailbreakme....so,I cancelled it and choose recover from boot mode..that went through fine...

3. Next I started Jailbreak again and selected Jailbreakme...this time it went through a lot of numbers and at the end it rebooted a few times

4. My SIM seemed to be working fine without the anySim1.2.1u. I went ahead and installed and ran anySim1.2.1u, but it failed with the message that it could not update my phone

5. I rebooted and the phone seems back to normal but still shows version1.1.1(3A109a).

Everything is back to where it was...no 1.1.2 :-(

One more thing......I updated the installer because it said that there was an updated version....now it is not showing any of the programs I had installed earlier for uninstallation! How do I uninstall programs I had installed earlier before trying this 1.1.2 update please?

ANybody know what could be happening?

Cheers,
Sreenath

sreenathc

Dec 19, 2007
HEPLP.....My iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo

Hi,
I went back on my iPhone to 1.1.1 (unlocked) I installed Oktoprep first and this time and tried the update to 1.1.2 again in iTunes...., it installed fine, but came with a final message that the SIM card was not correct.

I started Jailbreakme 1.1.2 and this also went through till the end and said that it would reboot a few times...but the 'Apple' logo on rebooting never disappears! I am unable to shut the iPhone off or do anything..it is stuck on the Apple logo.

If I start iTunes, it tells me that the sim card is not correct on the PC...but the iPhone is still stuck on the Apple logo....I can sync it, but the Apple logo never goes. The springboard never comes on....Please help!

Thanks,
Sreenath

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You need to run revirginizer on the phone. Not sure why you did it, but you ran anysim before upgrading, which is not a part of jailbreaking. Currently, going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 with an unlocked SIM causes problems.
Unlocking is different from Jailbreaking. Jailbreaking is hacking to add 3rd party apps.
Don't quote me, but I don't recall unlocking being available for 1.1.2.
Since you unlocked and then attempted to upgrade, your firmware is not recognizing the SIM.
One other thing. Jailbreaking 1.1.2 is NOT possible through www.jailbreakme.com, it is only for jailbreaking 1.1.1. You need to download the 1.1.2 jailbreak zip and extract it and run the windows.bat file ( for windows obviously) to jailbreak 1.1.2

sreenathc

Dec 19, 2007
Thanks! Anyway after struggling all day, I did the following and am back to square 1

1. I restored the iPhone (hold Sleep+Home for 10 Secs, then when swtched off, hold Home for 10 secs more...and the phone came back to ....Restore mode....) to 1.1.1

2. This got me to 1.1.1 but Modem firmware was at 04.02.13_G. So, I could not get the SIM to work. So, I downgraded the base band to 1.0.2 and restored the phone to 1.1.1 again.

3. This brought me back to my out of the box 1.1.1

4. I Jailbroke it as per 1.1.1, and installed and ran AnySim 1.1 and the phone is now fully functional again.

My question....I do want to get to 1.1.2. However at the start of this thread it says..."If ever you upgraded the phone to 1.1.2 this method will not work....even if you downgraded it back to 1.1.1. Is this true? Which means I will be stuck at 1.1.1 forever!

Since I virginized the phone, shouldnt this update to 1.1.2 and Jailbreaking work for me?

Thanks,
Sreenath

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Yes, but you are unlocking the phone- which is where I think you are running into problems. Do a search for 1.1.2 and Unlocking to verify if it's possible, or if AnySim would work for it.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Thanks! Anyway after struggling all day, I did the following and am back to square 1

1. I restored the iPhone (hold Sleep+Home for 10 Secs, then when swtched off, hold Home for 10 secs more...and the phone came back to ....Restore mode....) to 1.1.1

2. This got me to 1.1.1 but Modem firmware was at 04.02.13_G. So, I could not get the SIM to work. So, I downgraded the base band to 1.0.2 and restored the phone to 1.1.1 again.

3. This brought me back to my out of the box 1.1.1

4. I Jailbroke it as per 1.1.1, and installed and ran AnySim 1.1 and the phone is now fully functional again.

My question....I do want to get to 1.1.2. However at the start of this thread it says..."If ever you upgraded the phone to 1.1.2 this method will not work....even if you downgraded it back to 1.1.1. Is this true? Which means I will be stuck at 1.1.1 forever!

Since I virginized the phone, shouldnt this update to 1.1.2 and Jailbreaking work for me?

Thanks,
Sreenath
You can totally still update to 1.1.2. Just run Oktoprep first and then update and jailbreak and unlock with anySIM 1.2.1u. I'm sorry, my instructions are too cautious, I wrote them when this whole process first came out. I'll go change that part about not being able to update to 1.1.2 after downgrading to 1.1.1.

sreenathc

Dec 19, 2007
Wildonrio.....Thanks Mate! Worked like a charm!

Wildonrio,
I did the stepsas per your brilliant guide again and it worked like a charm! Some small things were not as per the guide as below..if it helps another newbie..

1. I was on 1.1.1, Unlocked with AnySim 1.1, Baseband at 04.01.13_G

2. Did as per your guide and it worked exactly like that!Thanks

3. Installed AnySim 1.2.1u as per your guide...turned Airplane mode on, started AnySim 1.2.1u..this went through fine and the phone now said "Slide to Unlock". Turned off Airplane mode....and the bars came on! I am in India but the phone seems to work, except that there is no carrier name. This is the different part to your guide...it seems to work even if I don't installed iWorld

4. For good measure, I installed iWorld and now it shows the carrier name here!

Fantastic work mate.........Thanks very much,

Sreenath

You can totally still update to 1.1.2. Just run Oktoprep first and then update and jailbreak and unlock with anySIM 1.2.1u. I'm sorry, my instructions are too cautious, I wrote them when this whole process first came out. I'll go change that part about not being able to update to 1.1.2 after downgrading to 1.1.1.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Heyas Wildonrio

I just need to JB my phone, not Unlock it. I couldn't find any instructions for this, 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, and am going to use yours since its basically the same thing. The only question I have is regarding step 3:

3. iTunes will now possibly encounter an error, your phone will be unactivated and will inform you that you have an incorrect SIM. Do not panic. Go here and download the 1.1.2 jailbreak program by the iPhone Dev Team and run it. It will take a little bit, just let it completely finish. When it's done, you will have the friendly "Slide to Unlock" screen on your iPhone and you will be taken to the homescreen with the Installer app waiting for you.
This only applies to Unlocked phones correct? Because I should basically be "done" by then if all I'm doing is JB'ing right? Oktoprep -> Gogo 1.1.2 -> Done?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Heyas Wildonrio

I just need to JB my phone, not Unlock it. I couldn't find any instructions for this, 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, and am going to use yours since its basically the same thing. The only question I have is regarding step 3:

This only applies to Unlocked phones correct? Because I should basically be "done" by then if all I'm doing is JB'ing right? Oktoprep -> Gogo 1.1.2 -> Done?
I know I'm not wildonrio, but yes..if you're already on 1.1.1 and just want to jailbreak 1.1.2, all you need to do is install Oktoprep. Then upgrade to 1.1.2, and run the jailbreak dev team software. I did post a guide awhile back, but it's been long buried.

Oct 28, 2007
Hey,

Can you use any SIM? Like the one that came with the iPhone. Its a blank one, so you cant do anything with it.

neo_gr8est1

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Hello everyone,
I am from India and i just upgraded to 1.1.2 this evening...I installed iWorld and selected India in the list...I also selected India in the international menu on the iPhone...Now the problem is that whenver i receive a call the number(of the caller) is without the country code and when i receive a message, the number(of the sender) is with the country code(+91 in my case)...So i can see the contact's name either in the calls list or message list depending on whether i have stored their number with the country code or without it..(for eg: if i have stored a person's number without the country code then i can see his name when he calls me but i get only his phone number with the country code when he messages me)...This is really bothering me as it's difficult to make out who is calling or messaging....
And the weirdest thing is that the 3rd party apps calld and smsd work flawlessly without the above problem...They both show the name of the contact irrespective of what the contact is stored as...
I really need to get this sorted so pls help guys....Any idea what i can do?
Thank you..

xllms

Dec 26, 2007
No, you do the following for a 1.1.1 iPhone:

1. Install "OKToPrep" through Installer App.
2. Update (not restore) to 1.1.2 through iTunes.
3. Run the 1.1.2 Jailbreak app through windows (double click Windows.bat file). Obviously unzip it first.

You're now in 1.1.2 and it's jailbroken and activated.
Hi guys, I'm from Singapore and I am now trying to ungrade my iPhone(batch wk42) from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 firmware

I have followed the instructions
1. installed OKToPrep"
2. Update (not restore) to 1.1.2 via iTunes
3. Downloaded 1.1.2 Jailbreak and unzipped into a folder in WinXP
4. Double-click onto Windows.bat file (briefly went into DOS black screen and disappeared, all in less than 1sec)

However, nothing happened on my iPhone, it's still stucked at INCORRECT SIM "insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate iPhone"

Can someone help me? What have i done wrong?

thanks

xllms