Go on Contract after Jailbreak

ndwgolf

Bronze
Nov 8, 2007
Phuket Thailand
Guys,
How to I UN Jailbreak my 3G iPhone and go on contract, in Thailand True Move has just launched the iPhone and I want to try there service and Un jailbreak my phone. Do I just restore in iTunes and pop in the new True Move SIM or is there something else I need to do?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Guys,
How to I UN Jailbreak my 3G iPhone and go on contract, in Thailand True Move has just launched the iPhone and I want to try there service and Un jailbreak my phone. Do I just restore in iTunes and pop in the new True Move SIM or is there something else I need to do?
Are you talking about unlocking? Jailbreaking doesn't really have anything to do with what carrier you can use or cannot use...

ndwgolf

Bronze
Nov 8, 2007
Phuket Thailand
Are you talking about unlocking? Jailbreaking doesn't really have anything to do with what carrier you can use or cannot use...
No I want to stop using my iPhone in a unlocked mode, I just want to go on contract with True Move

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
No I want to stop using my iPhone in a unlocked mode, I just want to go on contract with True Move
Did you purchase your iPhone factory unlocked or did you buy it from a carrier?

ndwgolf

Bronze
Nov 8, 2007
Phuket Thailand
I bought it from a store in Bangkok and unlocked myself using unlockiPhoneuk

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
You won't be able to "un-unlock" it and use it on True Move. If it wasn't factory unlocked or if it was locked to a carrier, you can't unlock it, and then re-lock it to a different carrier.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Go buy the True Move plan, pop the sim card in your iPhone, restore using iTunes (of course 2.2 firmware) and use it normally. Jailbreaking is something and unlocking is something else by the way. Since you unlocked it, you won't have to worry about the hassle of giving it to True Move so they can change the carrier on the phone or whatever.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
^^^
I think his phone is locked to a carrier in china so therfore it will have to he unlocked to use it. Just find out what carrier the phone was supposed to he on before you go and un-unlock it.