• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
I know there's go-phones with minutes that you buy as you need. Why don't they make go-texting? I think a lot of people would use that. Cause with some phones, the plans go from like 100 texts, to 1500 or something like that. I think it'd be a great idea.

What's your view?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Im not sure if At&t does this, but on T-mobile you could buy a "SideKick" pre-paid version and you would pay $1 dollar a day on the days that you used their service.
-paying $1 dollar a day included unlimited; text, data, and voice...

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
wow that sounds amazingly cool. And very very cheap.
Yeah but I think the only way to get that type of pre-paid service is buy a smartphone- If the sidekick is even still considered a smartphone- that was bought from T-mobile:eek:
-Cause when I got my SideKick 3 a while back they offered me that option:)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Im not sure if At&t does this, but on T-mobile you could buy a "SideKick" pre-paid version and you would pay $1 dollar a day on the days that you used their service.
-paying $1 dollar a day included unlimited; text, data, and voice...
So basically you could use the phone as much as you want, and for however many days there are in the month, thats how many dollars it would be?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yup! See this how it worked: Everything would reset at like 12:00am. So like You could put like $30 dollars into your account balance, and not touch the phone at all one day and that day wouldn't be charged :) -Meaning that you only get charged for the days you actually used their service, so at 12:00am if you sent a text or went on the "AIM" messenger feature a $1 dollar was deducted from your account for that day, and for the rest of day you could use all you could use
-Lol! Kinda like a $1 dollar buffet Haha!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yup! See this how it worked: Everything would reset at like 12:00am. So like You could put like $30 dollars into your account balance, and not touch the phone at all one day and that day wouldn't be charged :) -Meaning that you only get charged for the days you actually used their service, so at 12:00am if you sent a text or went on the "AIM" messenger feature a $1 dollar was deducted from your account for that day, and for the rest of day you could use all you could use
-Lol! Kinda like a $1 dollar buffet Haha!
Dude! Thats so effing cool! Where can I get this!? Haha :)

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Call your local T-mobile in the morning- so you can actually talk to a real person-, and explain to them what I was talking about and they might be able to help you :)
-Reason being because I havnt had my SideKick 3 since like 06-early 07, and theirs not that many smartphones left on T-mobile except for the Dash, I think the "Wing" is still their, their SideKick LX's and slides, and lastly their Blackberries. So um just call em up see what can be done :)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Very good idea. Sometimes I text very little per month, but go overboard the next month.

- John

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
yes it is a good plan. My sister has a Sidekick 3 i went to the T-mobile store and activated the prepaid plan and all she had to do was call the T-mobile number and change her prepaid plan to a sidekick plan.

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
I wish other carriers would do this. I'm not really sure if it could be done. But it seems like it could, cause obviously you can set how many texts you want. Why not be able to buy as many texts as you want, when you want? It makes perfect sense to me.