Go to AT&T!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
For those who want to use their iPhone right away, it is best to go here because they have to activate your phone. I just asked AT&T and they confirmed this for me. Getting it at Apple means you have to get back in line at AT&T r you wont be able to use it. Thats why I changed my mind.

cs007

Jun 19, 2007
Please see my other post...I love it when a plan comes together

Apple Store=GoatF@#$

AT&T=GoatsIntelligence<AppleFreakIntelligence

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
For those who want to use their iPhone right away, it is best to go here because they have to activate your phone. I just asked AT&T and they confirmed this for me. Getting it at Apple means you have to get back in line at AT&T r you wont be able to use it. Thats why I changed my mind.
Don't you think that maybe the At&t guy told you that so they could sell you an iPhone instead of Apple. I think they'll be activating right in the Apple store too. I can't see them making you go two places to activate your new $600 iPhone.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Don't you think that maybe the At&t guy told you that so they could sell you an iPhone instead of Apple. I think they'll be activating right in the Apple store too. I can't see them making you go two places to activate your new $600 iPhone.
I just went to the Apple store and they said no one knew how to do any activating, not even the geniuses. No one has been trained yet. I als tolde them about the At&t thing for activation, and the guy said that was most likely going to occur.

hmlaa

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
I just went to the Apple store and they said no one knew how to do any activating, not even the geniuses. No one has been trained yet. I als tolde them about the At&t thing for activation, and the guy said that was most likely going to occur.
my store people said that they haven't started trianing yet too... i think they are waiting so the employes don't leak information about iPhone before release!

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
If by this time, Apple store employees haven't been trained on activation, they won't be because they probably won't be handling activations at the stores.

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
If by this time, Apple store employees haven't been trained on activation, they won't be because they probably won't be handling activations at the stores.
so just activate it online or on the phone by calling att from your current cell phone. I don't see why that wouldn't work... any insights?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
so just activate it online or on the phone by calling att from your current cell phone. I don't see why that wouldn't work... any insights?
Because unlike when you order a cell phone and service from Cingular/At&t, a number will need to be added to the SIM before you can call and activate it. When you order a phone or service from Cingular/At&t, the phone comes with the sim card and you just insert and charge the phone. the number has already been assigned. Then you call a 1-800 number to activate through Customer Care.

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
i really feel like Apple will do some kind of over the phone activation right there. where an Apple employee will call a number and an att rep walk that employee through the activation over the phone. that way the Apple employee doesn't really need to know much of anything.

ALSO, i bet they will force you to activate it right in the store that you purchase it from... if not, what will stop me from buying 2 or 3 phones, walking out and putting it on ebay :eek:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
i really feel like Apple will do some kind of over the phone activation right there. where an Apple employee will call a number and an att rep walk that employee through the activation over the phone. that way the Apple employee doesn't really need to know much of anything.

ALSO, i bet they will force you to activate it right in the store that you purchase it from... if not, what will stop me from buying 2 or 3 phones, walking out and putting it on ebay :eek:
The manager at the Apple store I went to said this is exactly how it is going to happen. There will be no need to leave the Apple store they will be able to activate it IMMEDIATELY over the phone in the store.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007

Exactly what i had planned.

Mustang05

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Well it dosnt matter to me. The only thing i care about is just getting the actual phone. Once i have the phone im good. I can wait to go to a AT&T store later. Obtaining the phone is the only real important part or at least the only thing im worried about.

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
im going to Apple, they are going to get way more phones so ill have a better chance and also id rather wait inside an air conditioned mall then out in the sun. also the Apple store will sell extended service plans and they will have phone activations.

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
While I would LOVE to get my iPhone at the Apple store, the thought of being there for launch makes me want to tear off my fingernails. There's two Apple stores near me and both of them are madhouses on a good day. I'll be at my local Cingular/ATT store. Hopefully since I"m in the burbs it won't be too insane. I'll seriously cry like a baby if I don't have that phone on the 29th.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
There is NO reason why Apple can not activate the phones in the Apple store right when you buy the phone.

I get phones activated and deactivated all the time. I control about 50 cell phones for the salespeople in my company. These guys are losing phones, losing sim chips (how?), or just plain breaking them all them time. I am constantly swapping numbers, getting new lines activated, turning old phones off, etc...

Granted I am not a cell store employee and this is all done through T-Mobile not Cingular/AT&T but this isn't rocket science. It can all be done remotely, over the air. I call up T-Mobile, explain the problem, and they zap whatever it is they need to zap, tell me to power cycle the phone and all is good with the world. The only time I have to actually go the T-Mobile store is when I need a new SIM card.

I am sure that Apple/AT&T has made the whole process as simple and as streamlined as possible. At least they better have. I suspect it will all be done via a special website that Apple employees willl have access to. AT&T employees will probably just follow whatever normal procedures they do for every other phone.

The only reason I can see for going to an AT&T store over an Apple store is if you have some weird plan issue that you think might be out of the ordinary, something AT&T employees may be familiar with while Apple sotre employees may not. Or if the AT&T store is an easier place to camp at. ;-)

- SR