God, i HATE Cingular

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I bought a Motorola L6 on January 8th. (I know, lol)
It was 50$, and they gave a mail-in rebate for 50$

Well, i finally got the (supposed) rebate in the mail, today.
Turns out, it's a letter stating my ineligibility for the rebate, for the following reason:

*The wireless device was purchased at a retailer that is not valid for this offer.

O RLY?
Your online store is an invalid retailer?
I called to ***** (of course) and they tell me that it was "ineligible" because I didn't have the receipt to go with it.
I explained (heatedly) that the rebate form CLEARLY STATES that if the receipt is not sent, then a printed bank statement could be included, as a substitute for the receipt.
I explained to her that I did include that, and even hilighted the area where the purchase was shown, with the amount, and date also included.

Then I explained to her that it was absolutely "STUPID" for me to have to provide proof-of-purchase in the first place. I asked "You mean to tell me they keep no records of any transactions completed from the website?"...lol

It's bad enough they locked me into a contract just 24 hours before the iPhone's imminent release was announced, now they're trying to hose me out of my little 50$ rebate. Freakin' VAMPIRES! BLOOD-SUCKING VAMPIRES!

Oh, did I mention that the phone was "breaking up" during the whole call?
She almost hung up on me at one point..."Hello? Can you hear me? Hello? If you can hear me, I can not hear you...Hello?"

GOD, CINGULAR SUCKS!
:sick:

leplager

Mar 7, 2007
I bought a Motorola L6 on January 8th. (I know, lol)
It was 50$, and they gave a mail-in rebate for 50$

Well, i finally got the (supposed) rebate in the mail, today.
Turns out, it's a letter stating my ineligibility for the rebate, for the following reason:

*The wireless device was purchased at a retailer that is not valid for this offer.

O RLY?
Your online store is an invalid retailer?
I called to ***** (of course) and they tell me that it was "ineligible" because I didn't have the receipt to go with it.
I explained (heatedly) that the rebate form CLEARLY STATES that if the receipt is not sent, then a printed bank statement could be included, as a substitute for the receipt.
I explained to her that I did include that, and even hilighted the area where the purchase was shown, with the amount, and date also included.

Then I explained to her that it was absolutely "STUPID" for me to have to provide proof-of-purchase in the first place. I asked "You mean to tell me they keep no records of any transactions completed from the website?"...lol

It's bad enough they locked me into a contract just 24 hours before the iPhone's imminent release was announced, now they're trying to hose me out of my little 50$ rebate. Freakin' VAMPIRES! BLOOD-SUCKING VAMPIRES!

Oh, did I mention that the phone was "breaking up" during the whole call?
She almost hung up on me at one point..."Hello? Can you hear me? Hello? If you can hear me, I can not hear you...Hello?"

GOD, CINGULAR SUCKS!
:sick:
There is a special rebate number that you have to call with rebate issues. The number is 1-866-852-8617. there is a website also. https://www.web-rebates.com/cingular/default.asp

Check it out. it might help you.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Oh, did I mention the lady also had absolutely ZERO knowledge of the iPhone's existence or availability through her company(Cingular)?