God, i HATE Cingular

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I bought a Motorola L6 on January 8th. (I know, lol)
It was 50$, and they gave a mail-in rebate for 50$

Well, i finally got the (supposed) rebate in the mail, today.
Turns out, it's a letter stating my ineligibility for the rebate, for the following reason:

*The wireless device was purchased at a retailer that is not valid for this offer.

O RLY?
Your online store is an invalid retailer?
I called to ***** (of course) and they tell me that it was "ineligible" because I didn't have the receipt to go with it.
I explained (heatedly) that the rebate form CLEARLY STATES that if the receipt is not sent, then a printed bank statement could be included, as a substitute for the receipt.
I explained to her that I did include that, and even hilighted the area where the purchase was shown, with the amount, and date also included.

Then I explained to her that it was absolutely "STUPID" for me to have to provide proof-of-purchase in the first place. I asked "You mean to tell me they keep no records of any transactions completed from the website?"...lol

It's bad enough they locked me into a contract just 24 hours before the iPhone's imminent release was announced, now they're trying to hose me out of my little 50$ rebate. Freakin' VAMPIRES! BLOOD-SUCKING VAMPIRES!

Oh, did I mention that the phone was "breaking up" during the whole call?
She almost hung up on me at one point..."Hello? Can you hear me? Hello? If you can hear me, I can not hear you...Hello?"

GOD, CINGULAR SUCKS!
:sick:

leplager

Mar 7, 2007
I bought a Motorola L6 on January 8th. (I know, lol)
It was 50$, and they gave a mail-in rebate for 50$

Well, i finally got the (supposed) rebate in the mail, today.
Turns out, it's a letter stating my ineligibility for the rebate, for the following reason:

*The wireless device was purchased at a retailer that is not valid for this offer.

O RLY?
Your online store is an invalid retailer?
I called to ***** (of course) and they tell me that it was "ineligible" because I didn't have the receipt to go with it.
I explained (heatedly) that the rebate form CLEARLY STATES that if the receipt is not sent, then a printed bank statement could be included, as a substitute for the receipt.
I explained to her that I did include that, and even hilighted the area where the purchase was shown, with the amount, and date also included.

Then I explained to her that it was absolutely "STUPID" for me to have to provide proof-of-purchase in the first place. I asked "You mean to tell me they keep no records of any transactions completed from the website?"...lol

It's bad enough they locked me into a contract just 24 hours before the iPhone's imminent release was announced, now they're trying to hose me out of my little 50$ rebate. Freakin' VAMPIRES! BLOOD-SUCKING VAMPIRES!

Oh, did I mention that the phone was "breaking up" during the whole call?
She almost hung up on me at one point..."Hello? Can you hear me? Hello? If you can hear me, I can not hear you...Hello?"

GOD, CINGULAR SUCKS!
:sick:
There is a special rebate number that you have to call with rebate issues. The number is 1-866-852-8617. there is a website also. https://www.web-rebates.com/cingular/default.asp

Check it out. it might help you.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Oh, did I mention the lady also had absolutely ZERO knowledge of the iPhone's existence or availability through her company(Cingular)?

Nieriel

Feb 16, 2007
on the other hand, i can't find any info on the iPhone on their site...

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
on the other hand, i can't find any info on the iPhone on their site...
it's there, you just have to search for it. If you just browse the site, you can't find it.

Bender

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Virginia
Cingular has a 30 day return policy... if your time is not up yet. Return it and get out of that 2 year contract.