going abroad

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
in march i'll be vising london and i was wondering what to do about phones while my family and i are there.

there will be 3 of us going; two of the three being iPhones (v1 and G3) and the other is just a Samsung.

we will be in london for less than a week and text messaging isn't that important.

since we have AT&T i was wondering what our best bet was on phones. i hear that AT&T has plans you can buy for when you're traveling but we're looking for inexpensive plans.

i've also heard that you can rent phones? i don't know too much about that but one of my friends said that she did that when she went to london.

any help will be appreciated. tomorrow i'll call AT&T anyway and get some standard rates

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I would say activate the AT&T International Voice plan. It's $5.99 a month and you can cancel anytime. Also, since I was calling other AT&T customers back at home, they faced no extra charges at all. I'm not sure how it works if you are calling each other while over there however. I had a friend that was on AT&T that I called but I never checked to see what kind of charges I got while calling him.