Going case-less. Do you dare?

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I'm planning to get an Apple OEM case, if available at launch. Another great option are the sunglass bags from Oakley. Very soft material, should be large enough for a snug fit and can be used to clean the smudges.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
After the beating the HTC8525 went through (lots of scratches on the case) my iPhone will have some sort of protection. What I want is some sort of Rubber Band type case that will protect the corners when dropped, but doesn't cover the phone.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
After the beating the HTC8525 went through (lots of scratches on the case) my iPhone will have some sort of protection. What I want is some sort of Rubber Band type case that will protect the corners when dropped, but doesn't cover the phone.
That's pretty much the kind of thing I'll be looking for too. I'm not much on hard plastic or leather cases.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I won't get a case. One of the reasons the iPhone is so amazing is because of it's sleek and sexy body. I don't want to fatten it up any. My right pocket is designated my cell phone pocket so that is where the iPhone shall be.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Do you dare go caseless with your new iPhone? How concerned are you about scratches, etc.?

I'd love to go caseless just because the phone is so damn gorgeous, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to do it. What say you?

Additionally, who's got the thinnest, most unobtrusive cases out there so far?
Caseless. I want it to be able to slip right into my front pocket. I figure if it fits in Steve Jobs's front pocket it'll fit into mine.

And IMHO, those belt clips cases remind me of those TI calculator pouches the nerds used to wear in college.

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I am going without an all-time case. i might get something to keep it in when I'm not using it.. or for watching movies or something.. I don't know.

RevRoy

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
It appears there will be something similar available at launch at the AT&T stores. This is what I will be looking for. But I really want to know if you can put the crystal film over the whole thing or not?
I think that the back, sides and the top and bottom will be covered leaving only the touch screen open.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
I am going to make a custom pocket in a new pair of pants made out of glass cleaning cloth. I did that for my nano, and it turned out to be awesome. I gonna go pick up some pants now. Maybe a shirt too.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I also like this idea because it would probably make it less likely that I'd drop it...make it kinda grippy.

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
I am going to make a custom pocket in a new pair of pants made out of glass cleaning cloth. I did that for my nano, and it turned out to be awesome. I gonna go pick up some pants now. Maybe a shirt too.
A third pocket of sorts? Or did you convert one of the pockets on your pants to being lined w/ a glass cleaning cloth?

Oh, and the Oakley cleaning bag is a really nice idea...that might be the solution I go with to start until these cases start rolling out where I can shop and compare, plus read reviews.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
A third pocket of sorts? Or did you convert one of the pockets on your pants to being lined w/ a glass cleaning cloth?

Oh, and the Oakley cleaning bag is a really nice idea...that might be the solution I go with to start until these cases start rolling out where I can shop and compare, plus read reviews.
Im converting my right pocket.

askewed

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
NJ
I'll be going without a case until I find the right one for me... I'll use the sad little sleeve Apple will no doubt include with the phone.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
I won't get a case. One of the reasons the iPhone is so amazing is because of it's sleek and sexy body. I don't want to fatten it up any. My right pocket is designated my cell phone pocket so that is where the iPhone shall be.
there's no way i'm getting a case for my iPhone.

with all due respect to the pro-casers (i totally understand you wanting to protect your iPhone)....but cell phone cases are kinda douche baggy.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I think I might go "case-less", too.
Most of the ones i've seen so far are atrocious. lol
Kinda hard to design a case for a device this size, that is functional yet stylish..

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
i need a way to carry it besides a pocket. that is the main reason I need a case. Besides looking like Batman with a utility belt is soo cool.

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
Ok, so I ordered the Lambskin iPhone case from Zuluworks, and I love it. It is absolutely awesome. However, I can picture myself taking the iPhone out of that case and dropping it during the transition from the case to securely resting in the palm of my hand...I have done this multiple times with my RAZR, which I will admit I pretty much loathe...

I am thinking of buying the Belkin acrylic case, and then putting that inside of the Zuluworks case. Then placing that inside of a ballistic nylon bulletproof stachel...LOL, but seriously, I think I will put the Belkin case inside the Zuluworks case. The Belkin case is good looking and doesn't hide the looks of the iPhone, and the Zuluworks case is a great looking case to wear on your belt...