Going case-less. Do you dare?

rose

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Baltimore, MD
That's exactly my point. When girls see a guy wearing a phone on his belt, they think NERD ALERT!
lol. Look at me! I'm a nerd! Nevertheless, I see that you got my hint of sarcasm? It is true that the phone belt is not the most attractive thing on the planet. But I don't think that I am opposed to the whole case idea. It's an expensive and highly coveted commodity (i know it will be around my area..).. There's no shame in trying to take care of it.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Ok, so I ordered the Lambskin iPhone case from Zuluworks, and I love it. It is absolutely awesome. However, I can picture myself taking the iPhone out of that case and dropping it during the transition from the case to securely resting in the palm of my hand...I have done this multiple times with my RAZR, which I will admit I pretty much loathe...

I am thinking of buying the Belkin acrylic case, and then putting that inside of the Zuluworks case. Then placing that inside of a ballistic nylon bulletproof stachel...LOL, but seriously, I think I will put the Belkin case inside the Zuluworks case. The Belkin case is good looking and doesn't hide the looks of the iPhone, and the Zuluworks case is a great looking case to wear on your belt...
We actually tested this. The elastic should be tight enough to hold the phone inside the case even if it's upside down. It's slightly tighter than most, which is also why we have the finger slot at the bottom. So you can pop the phone up and out of the case.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
i need a way to carry it besides a pocket. that is the main reason I need a case. Besides looking like Batman with a utility belt is soo cool.
It was so cool in the 90's showing off your un-stylish phone, pda, and pager all neatly clipped in a row on the belt. Now we get all of that and more hidden in our pocket. :laugh2:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
lol. Look at me! I'm a nerd! Nevertheless, I see that you got my hint of sarcasm? It is true that the phone belt is not the most attractive thing on the planet. But I don't think that I am opposed to the whole case idea. It's an expensive and highly coveted commodity (i know it will be around my area..).. There's no shame in trying to take care of it.
Glad to know I can still read between the lines when it comes to women.;)

MacDaddy

Jun 24, 2007
Caseless grip solution

I have been lurking on this site since shortly after it started, and I've been fiending after an iPhone since before it was announced, even more after the keynote in January. I have been a long time Treo user (600, 650, 680) and a rabid Apple evangelist since I had my first 140 laptop after using the family Performa.
I have never used a case for any of my Treos, but for a long time I have sworn by egrips for the many (too many my wife would say) gadgets that I have had to have. You can check them out at www.egrips.com . No I don't work for them, or have any affiliation with them other than being a happy customer. Their product has kept my many tech goodies in my hand without fail, except for my Treo 680 which was snatched out of my hand and thrown on the road when I was assaulted by a plainly unhinged female Federal Postal Police Officer (Long Story!). But my 680 survived very well, and the minimal internal damage was covered as part of a settlement from the USPS.
After hearing the keynote about the iPhone I contacted egrips and they replied saying they would have a specific product for the iPhone about a week after it was released. I guess I'll have to use one of the generic options they offer until then.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
http://speckproducts.com/iphone-holster.html

This case would be perfect if....it swiveled. These guys always make quality stuff. I emailed them about it and with no luck. Maybe if all of us liked this and emailed th:cool:em they would do something about it. Plus this is perfect for showing off the beauty and still having some sort of protection...and remember protection is a good thing!

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
I've never had a case for any of my phones, Naked Razr, Naked blackjack, and I will have a naked iPhone too. I think all the cases look gaudy and nerdy. Unless I happen across something that really catches my eye and looks good its going to be open air flowing over my iPhone at all times.

gt1948

Bronze
Jan 30, 2007
Memphis
You know what I've always thought would be the absolute best way to carry an iPhone? It would be the best to have jeans that had an integrated pocket on the side just for your iPhone. No case. Nothing else near your iPhone. Just your own custom iPhone pants.
Have my jeans at the tailor now....we think alike....