Going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 using ziPhone. Question?

catagory5

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Hi I have an jailbroke 1.1.1 iPhone and I am gonna use ziPhone to go to 1.1.4. I am liiitle confused though. When I am restoring m iPhone with iTunes do I first update iTunes software to the latest then plug in my iPhone and restore or do i restore it then after that update the iTunes software? I have never updateed the iTunes software since I jailbroke. Sorry for the noob question but I am kinda nervous and don't wanna screw this up....

Tnks

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
You really can't go wrong with restoring it to stock first, and then doing the update with 1.1.4.

That way, if anything from 1.1.1 doesn't play well with 1.1.4, they never meet each other and thereforee, never screw each other up.

Do a restore to 1.1.1, set up as new phone, update, and then jailbreak, and you should be good to go.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Hi I have an jailbroke 1.1.1 iPhone and I am gonna use ziPhone to go to 1.1.4. I am liiitle confused though. When I am restoring m iPhone with iTunes do I first update iTunes software to the latest then plug in my iPhone and restore or do i restore it then after that update the iTunes software? I have never updateed the iTunes software since I jailbroke. Sorry for the noob question but I am kinda nervous and don't wanna screw this up....

Tnks
It's very simple. All you need to do is put the phone into the dock, and hit the Restore button. I would restore as a new phone. Then if you want you can do a clean jailbreak. It's very simple. ;)