Going from Nate True's method to the "official" jailbreak?

caboose

Bronze
Nov 19, 2007
I was just wondering if anyone that jailbroke 1.1.3 using nate true's method is going to go through the process to downgrade and then rejailbreak 1.1.3 using the now "official" dev team jailbreak. I myself have jailbroken using nate's jailbreak and don't really see any reason at the moment to go through the hassle. Are there any advantages? thanks.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I was just wondering if anyone that jailbroke 1.1.3 using nate true's method is going to go through the process to downgrade and then rejailbreak 1.1.3 using the now "official" dev team jailbreak. I myself have jailbroken using nate's jailbreak and don't really see any reason at the moment to go through the hassle. Are there any advantages? thanks.
As of now there are no advantages in moving over to an official JB.

Only time will tell which version has less hiccups when SDK apps are finally on iTunes. At that point its pretty much hit and miss for both distros, just less so on the "official" version since they require 1.1.2 which has the encryption method known as Nikita installed. This is not present on 1.1.1.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Well..

I originally upgraded using Nate's method and ran in to a whole host of issues - ringtones not playing, music and videos not playing etc. My phone was unlocked with IPSF (although still using AT&T, need this for occasional overseas trip) and replaced Nate's included lockdown file with the open from the 1.1.3 software (found on web)
I then downgraded and upgraded to 1.1.3 (have AT&T SIM) due to the issues with Nate's version (happy to try AT&T locally and time will lead to a unlock or lockdown file for 1.1.3 as IPSF servives current firmware updates)
When the 'official' version came out I tried it (can always 'restore' Apple 1.1.3 SW) and baring some initial issues with SSH and disk space (first fixed with removal and re-install of OpenSHH and second with BigBossTool 0.35) its working perfectly. Note as I have the current baseband I had to place the correct lockdown file on the system again but the location feature in now works natively. Note this is also an early iPhone and has survived all updates since 1.0.2

iGlorious

Sep 6, 2007
I originally upgraded using Nate's method and ran in to a whole host of issues... ...baring some initial issues with SSH and disk space (first fixed with removal and re-install of OpenSHH and second with BigBossTool 0.35) its working perfectly. Note as I have the current baseband I had to place the correct lockdown file on the system again but the location feature in now works natively. Note this is also an early iPhone and has survived all updates since 1.0.2
I tried Nate's from 1.1.1 and had ridiculous issues. I used a guide on this forum to downgrade then upgrade using the Dev Team's and asside from the disk space issue mentioned above, it's working wonderfully. I'm on a mac, but the guide has instructions and software links for both mac and windows.

Last edited by a moderator: