Going from PC to Mac...HELP!

GetLeyed

Sep 17, 2009
Ok, I know that this may have come up before, but I'm new to Everything Mac and really need some help on this.

I have Been a PC user my entire life, and about a year ago, I bought an iPhone 3G. For the past year I have been syncing my iPhone with my PC. About 3 weeks ago I caved an bought a new MacBook Pro. I love it. After all of the daunting work of transferring my music and making sure all the doubles were gone, i registered my iTunes account on the MacBook Pro and have been using it ever since. I also set up a Mobile Me account, or rather the guy at the Mac store did. Now I want to sync my iPhone with my Macbook pro, but I am freaked out about loosing all of my contacts, e-mail addresses and emails, apps, and basically everything except for the music.

Any help? Please? i need major help here

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Have you set your email up on your MBP? or still using the pc?.

You need to export your contacts to a thumb drive from the pc and import them into your mac.

I'll have to do some looking to remember how i did that(exporting) its been awhile since i have had to do it.

When i transferred my from pc to mac i don't remember having to do anything with apps when i set up my new iTunes on the mac and syncd everything was there after i imported my contacts .

I'll see if i can remember how to export contacts and get back unless someone here knows how can help sooner

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Getleyed,

All you have to do is after plugging in your phone make sure you cancel the sync (I always uncheck the box where it says to sync when iTunes opens) then go to the info tab on your phone in iTunes. Scroll to the bottom and there should be an area that says to put everything from the iPhone to your computer. Check off the things that you want on your mac like, contacts (it may be address book), ical, notes, etc. Then sync the phone and all the stuff in your phone that you checked off should now be on your comp. To double check look in your address book in your mac, you should then see your conctacts in it.

Just make sure after you do it and it's successful that you uncheck those. It may default back to unchecked but I can't remember. On that tab you can also check off what you want to sync back in forth in the future. Good luck!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Here is a very helpful guide for syncing your iPhone to a new computer.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...o-a-new-itunes-library-look-here-first.37178/

Since you have MobileMe, you don't need to worry about ever losing your contacts or backing them up before you do the switch. They are stored in your Mobile Me account.

Duh me i didn't even notice they had MM guess i should read a little more carefuly.

When i had my phone exchanged i entered my MM email account onto my new phone and poof there were all my contacts. That was nice . Had them all long before i was able to sync it to my mac