Going from V1 to 3G - who will do the transfer of info I have on V1?

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
I believe I will be upgrading to the 3G model and handing off my V1 to my girlfriend. My question is if we have to set up the phone at the AT&T store will I be able to easily get all my contacts, calendars, music and all on my new 3G iPhone? I don't want to have to sit at the store wile 8 gigs of info is moved to my phone. I assume iTunes will easily transfer this stuff when I get home with my new phone.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Don't know for sure, so this is just me talking. I think you are right. The phone will just be activated at the store and then you make the switch at home via iTunes.
If this has to be done at the stores, there will be some camping.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I believe I will be upgrading to the 3G model and handing off my V1 to my girlfriend. My question is if we have to set up the phone at the AT&T store will I be able to easily get all my contacts, calendars, music and all on my new 3G iPhone? I don't want to have to sit at the store wile 8 gigs of info is moved to my phone. I assume iTunes will easily transfer this stuff when I get home with my new phone.
All your data will be added to your new iPhone when you sync it to your computer the first time. It shouldn't take longer than 5-6 minutes.

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
its all backed up in iTunes when they do the initial set up of your new phone they will update and transfer all your data as well.