Going nude?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
anybody have any trouble, any scraches, dents, anything done to their iPhone when carrying it around in your pocket daily (without a case)? with just normal day to day use.

ive got a case, just trying to figure out if its necessary, adds bulk and takes away from the beauty of it.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
So far so good for me without a case.

I'm not sure a case is necessary... in some circumstances, a case might change the impact resistance of the phone—making it fall in a less strategic place than it should be.

PC World did a pretty good video on stress testing the iPhone and it came out without any scratches. I'd like to see those tests done with a case to see if it help/hurts.

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
im not to woried about the screen, one because of the stress test two because im gonna have a screen protector :) i don't care if somebody gets sandpaper and rubs the screen as hard as they can and don't get a scratch $600 is $600 and if some freak accident happens and i do get one i'd be pissed

anyway i just don't want to accidentally drop it and scratch the back real bad, or after awhile get a few scratches on the aluminum bezel deal and make it look real bad.

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
anybody have any trouble, any scraches, dents, anything done to their iPhone when carrying it around in your pocket daily (without a case)? with just normal day to day use.

ive got a case, just trying to figure out if its necessary, adds bulk and takes away from the beauty of it.[/QUOT

Well I've been without a case. So far no scratches. But I am expecting one soon. I'm gonna get a case soon . I havnt decided what case yet.

chakraj

Jun 30, 2007
Every time i get a new device, and i have had allot. I always take some generic screen protectors and wrap the back and sides of the device. That not only saves you from scratches, bit it also gives it a nice grippy feal. All I might say without adding any bulk

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
And on the other hand I've always liked the stock look of my devices. Never was much for the covers and protectors. I like for them to slip right into my pocket. No belt holsters for this kid.

hiwind

Jul 1, 2007
the phone looks much better without a case, but i do find it almost slipping out of my hand when i talk - having the leather case is bulkier but not too much but makes it talking on the phone longer more enjoyable