Going to Guam for 2 weeks, bringing the iPhone....$2k phone bill comming my way?

Faralon

Jan 14, 2008
On the phone w/ AT&T now...but I figured the "REAL" pro's would know better.

I want to use the phone primarily on available WiFi connections to upload pictures to Facebook for the family back in the states. An internet device, not using edge at all....since....I doubt the phone will even work on any network over there.

Anything you guys suggest I do?

Turning the email checking to Manual so it doesn't try to check every xx min.?

Faralon

Jan 14, 2008
AT&T said (after I suggested) that turning email to manual is a must.

If i get a call and it goes to voicemail, its pretty much $2 a min.

I told them the only cellphone company on Guam that I know of is Guam Cell. Asking if they were partnered w/ GuamCell (laughing), they laughed too and said, not at all.

Guessing the phone will be pretty much useless for making / receiving phone calls, and hopefully anything Edge, so hopefully those charges wont apply.

I'll be resetting the usage for monitoring for sure!

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Just make sure that Data roaming is turned off.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If you need to use it, you can make sure you have international roaming rates set up on your account. Wifi connections will be fine; there's no charge while you're on wifi.

Jul 1, 2008
Couldn't you just take out the SIM card and only use the wifi?

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Will voicemail download over WiFi, or only over Edge?

frizz

Bronze
Mar 25, 2008
Philly
just a thought

don't even use the phone to make calls you'll only hurt yourself in the end when you call home and everyone wants to say hi, and your on the phone for 20 min and you say oh gotta go an d you call later and the same thing happens. Use the phone for pics.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
WiFi goes without charge. Just have international roaming rates, and you should be good to go.

- John