Gold iPhone 5s To Be In Short Supply

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by chris, Sep 19, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I've been reading various reports that say the gold iPhone 5s will extremely limited tomorrow, with most carriers getting nothing but Space Gray. Earlier this week, some suggested that Apple was betting on Space Gray as the most popular color, so they would stock accordingly.

So why the gold rush? Did they not anticipate there would be excitement over a new color? And don't tell me that Space Gray is entirely new. Its roots are within the dearly departed Slate/Black.

I wanted gold, but started to wimp out. Now that it's in demand, I want what I cannot have. If there is gold at my Apple Store tomorrow, it's all mine. Well, at least one 16GB model is mine.

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I am good I want silver ...Gold is ugly looking to me. I do want 32 GB so, I regret getting 16 GB on my iPad. And I got more stuff on my phones. I hope I get a phone tomorrow

3. rjkgr

rjkgr Member
    Bronze

its okay i don't want the gold one anyways haha its cool but have to stay with black

4. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

I am on the fence on the Gold Color. I am excited to see what it looks like in person, but I have been buying white iPhones since it was an option...

Hopefully everyone here who wants it gets it tomorrow! I cant wait to see what people say about it.

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Same here. I have black. My wife has white/silver. I thought I would change things up with the gold. The more I look, the more I find myself waffling between space gray and white/silver.

6. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

My store had 10 gold models. I got 1 of the only 2 32GB models. a4a5yqyb.jpg ny8etaby.jpg

7. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

It looks good! I would want a clear case for the bugger...

8. Skb2000

Skb2000 Evangelist
    Gold

meh.....

9. Sassytallsista

Sassytallsista Contributor
    Bronze

Great pics! Thanks....now I am worried.....that gold doesn't look as " soft" as I thought it would....

Sent using iCafe app

10. IllusionEntity

Gold

Don't trust these pics. I had the same concern as you! I am 100% happy and it is a very subtle colour and it looks great. It's not bling bling at all.

11. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Congrats on the gold. For me, the combination of white and gold does not look as good as black/gray and gold would have looked. It looks cheesy to me. With that said, I'm sure many will disagree with me, that's ok, the important thing is that YOU like it :)

12. IllusionEntity

Gold

you will change your mind when you see one in person. I would have agreed with you not so long ago.

13. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

I dunno. I looked at the gold at the store and just didn't care for it much. I was lucky they had one 64 gig Silver. So I took it.

14. IllusionEntity

Gold

I understand that. But the combo is certainly not cheesy.

15. iprncess

iprncess Member
    Bronze

This is what happened to me. I'd decided to keep my 5 for a while, but I went to the Apple store to just look at a gold version since that what I wanted. I wasn't very impressed when I saw it in person. The gold is actually much darker on the picture the OP posted vs. in person. It just didn't look good to me. Made my decision to hold off a little easier.