Gold iPhone 5s To Be In Short Supply

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I've been reading various reports that say the gold iPhone 5s will extremely limited tomorrow, with most carriers getting nothing but Space Gray. Earlier this week, some suggested that Apple was betting on Space Gray as the most popular color, so they would stock accordingly.

So why the gold rush? Did they not anticipate there would be excitement over a new color? And don't tell me that Space Gray is entirely new. Its roots are within the dearly departed Slate/Black.

I wanted gold, but started to wimp out. Now that it's in demand, I want what I cannot have. If there is gold at my Apple Store tomorrow, it's all mine. Well, at least one 16GB model is mine.

iBanana

Silver
Jan 15, 2010
United States
I am on the fence on the Gold Color. I am excited to see what it looks like in person, but I have been buying white iPhones since it was an option...

Hopefully everyone here who wants it gets it tomorrow! I cant wait to see what people say about it.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I am on the fence on the Gold Color. I am excited to see what it looks like in person, but I have been buying white iPhones since it was an option...

Hopefully everyone here who wants it gets it tomorrow! I can't wait to see what people say about it.
Same here. I have black. My wife has white/silver. I thought I would change things up with the gold. The more I look, the more I find myself waffling between space gray and white/silver.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Congrats on the gold. For me, the combination of white and gold does not look as good as black/gray and gold would have looked. It looks cheesy to me. With that said, I'm sure many will disagree with me, that's ok, the important thing is that YOU like it :)

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Congrats on the gold. For me, the combination of white and gold does not look as good as black/gray and gold would have looked. It looks cheesy to me. With that said, I'm sure many will disagree with me, that's ok, the important thing is that YOU like it :)
you will change your mind when you see one in person. I would have agreed with you not so long ago.

iprncess

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I dunno. I looked at the gold at the store and just didn't care for it much. I was lucky they had one 64 gig Silver. So I took it.
This is what happened to me. I'd decided to keep my 5 for a while, but I went to the Apple store to just look at a gold version since that what I wanted. I wasn't very impressed when I saw it in person. The gold is actually much darker on the picture the OP posted vs. in person. It just didn't look good to me. Made my decision to hold off a little easier.