Golf Lovers Enter!

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
I just wanted to see who liked to play golf and wanted to create a discussion topic because I felt bad for hijacking someone else's thread.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I'll be residing in the golf thread. Please hold all calls......

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I got to play a round last sat. Morning and me and my partner got paired up with another pair because of how backed up the course was. Side not public courses are great fun, especially the one I use because it has a great lay out. Altho the place can be a little below standerds some times. Back to my story. These two guys were basically mirror images of me and my partner and we actually wound up having drinks at the club house afterwards. My point is I love golf. The people. The beautifull courses. The long drives and the impossible holes.

Heres to golf! Cheers.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
sounds like you had fun! Golf is great. Tiger is great. Tiger is great for golf. You are watching golf at a very special time. There will properly never be another athelete to dominate his sport like Tiger has (in our lifetime) again!

You are part of history.

Enjoy the game. Support your local muni.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I love watching tiger play.your right OJ, this is truly an amazing time for golf.the sport has more support from youth right now than ever before. I'm the only one out of all my friends who likes to watch golf. But I can turn the tv on and watch golf all day.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
OMG! This is the best thread ever. I love golf. I watch golf, play golf, practice golf. I enjoy the golf channel. I might actually have to get direct TV so I can get the golf channel in HD because it is not available on my cable.

I am playing in my first tournament in couple weeks. I invited my mom down for a member guest. I am very nervous. I usually just play with my husband and my kids. I can use some good mental advise here.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Golf is 90% mental. Atleast it is for me. When u say u need good advice are u asking because she plays better than you? I'm not sure, I might be confused. If so anyways. When I am concerned about my playing abilites when I'm partnered withsome one better than me I think the most important thing is to play your game. don't try the bump and run if you don't play that shot well. I have a tendency to use a wood or a hybrid on the frenge from time to time when I'm with a few golfing buddies that play that shot. Even tho I putt that shot much better. Any ways theres my 2 cents. Sorry its so long.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
just remember what your instructor has told you. Remember your fundamentals. Write one or two swing thoughts on an index card if you want.

Pack a banana and some bugspray. Have fun.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I'll give this thread...

Two Tiger fist pumps up!

I love the sport of golf. I tried to get into it a couple years back and it was just taking too much of my time and waaaay too much money. I actually got pretty good, but anyways I now play competative "disc golf". I've played in 6 to 7 tourney's so far and I'm hooked.

Disc Golf is the same as Golf as far as rules applied but waaay cheaper and most courses are FREE to play on. You can get started for a mere 30 bucks.

But anyways, I love watching Tiger play and love golf...:p

Last edited by a moderator:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I just wanted to see who liked to play golf and wanted to create a discussion topic because I felt bad for hijacking someone else's thread.
Love it but don't get to play as much as I would like. My daughter is on her high school golf team now, so I do more coaching than playing.:mad:

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Tiger is in my mind the greatest athlete of all time. Period. I look forward to him putting on the green jacket again in Augusta in a few weeks!

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX

My view every evening when I'm not playing. A cold beer and watching the hackers. Pretty relaxing.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I used to live on a golf course as well. Its were I picked up the habbit. I'll have to dig up the pics but from my secoumd story balcony you would not Believe the view. I'll def/ have to post them when I can find them. Thats a beautifull view aggieman. And as for watching the stick swingers go by in the afternoon with a cold beer. Thats just about paradise for some people.

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
I might as well have lived at a golf course, I've played since I was 6 years old and played in tournaments since I was nine all for JGANC (Junior Golf Association of Northern California). It has taught me a lot and has been good times. The hardest part for me is to stop myself from thinking too much and instilling self doubt. The best rounds that I have played is when I'm screwing around or just not thinking, just doing what I know.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
as tiger would say if another person takes another &@"? Picture I am going to break their ?$"@/ing neck

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i would watch golf sometimes but now watch a lot because of tiger... every time that i hit a good ball i yes " tiger, baby!"