Good Android phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IllusionEntity, Oct 3, 2011.

1. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

I know a new one comes out every week, Kevin ;)

I was just wondering what the BEST Android phones are at the moment. I want a powerhouse. This is just in case the iPhone 5/ 4S doesn't blow me away tomorrow. Well if it's a 4S I'm out anyway. Don't hold me to that ;)

I have already checked out the SII, but the screen problems freak me out a bit.

Fire away :)

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Wrong forum. Unless you are trolling by posting this in the iPhone 5 section.

3. IllusionEntity

Gold

Of course not. I know a few people are thinking of switching because of the 4S stuff. I think a 4S is not enough now. A redesign is all that will keep me with Apple. I trust you guys on this sort of advice. And I know a lot of you follow other devices besides the iPhone. Hence my question :)

4. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

5. IllusionEntity

Gold

Dude, no disrespect. But if you're not gonna help go elsewhere.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Thread moved to General Discussion. This is not an Android vs iPhone thread, so I'm putting it here.

7. IllusionEntity

Gold

Fair enough Kev, weren't you looking at switching? What have you been looking at?

8. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Let's not be naive.

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

If it becomes one, I'll delete the thread in a heartbeat. Personally, I'd post this thread in an Android forum. I know it sounds radical, but that's just me.

10. Chex

Chex Member

I checked out the Galaxy S 2 on Att . It's fantastic... I would recommend it and at least 4 podcasts I listen to including Android Central, TipB and Engadget loved it.

From the sweet 4.3" screen to the 8MP with anti shake camera, 1080P video. It's features went on and on.

Choosing between that and i4S after tomorrow.

They want a $30 restocking fee at my Att store if you return it...But I read that BBuy waives that fee, so we will try to get it there.

Ack I just re read the OP... What screen problems?

Sent from my iPhone 10

11. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I haven't heard of any screen problems with the S2 either. I'll be choosing between Apple and the S2 tomorrow also. The Nexus Prime is on the horizon but I fear it's release is too far out for me and rumors are that it will be Verizon only for a while.

12. IllusionEntity

Gold

Apparently the auto-brightness was loopy sometimes and the colours were too 'unrealistic' and oversaturated. Also I saw the quality of the photos and videos from the SII on YouTube and they looked dog poo

13. IllusionEntity

Gold

Walk the Verizon plank me Harty ;)

14. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I dunno....pictures didn't look too bad to me.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/atandt-Samsung-galaxy-s-ii-samples/#4488928

Video was about average for HD video.

15. Chex

Chex Member

The pics and video my family and I took (then deleted) looked better then our iPhone 4's. As seen in the phone we couldn't output them. We shook the thing while taking pics and the anti shake feature still put out some impressive pics.

Maybe try another one... They had 2 on display at the Att in Coventry, PA and neither had any display problems. Though saturation is more a personal taste. So if you think the colors are not right, then your opinion matters.

Oh...and the Auto Brightness can't be any loopier then on my iPhone 4. I wish I could just max it all the time. Battery gets killed if I do.

It's so annoying when I try to show someone a pic and it's invisible in daylight till I fumble with the brightness manually...we still have to take off our polarized glasses to see.

That commercial with the ipad on the beach makes me laugh. No chance that's the real screen :)

Sent from my iPhone 10

16. Beemer

Beemer Member
    Bronze

I have the S2 and think it is an awesome phone. I don't have any of the screen issues you talk about above...

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I do like the array of photo options on the Galaxy S2.

[​IMG]

18. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

i have access to both iPhone 4 and S2 and the S2 has by far a better camera and better video. nice try tho.

19. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

go checkout the galaxy S2 if you don't mind a bigger phone with a bigger screen. then the choice is clear S2>iPhone 4. but lets not forget we really haven't seen the real ip5 which is suppose to be out real soon. so you may want to wait.

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I went to an AT&T store today to do just that, but I didn't see any on display.