Good app for transferring music and videos

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Can anyone tell me good apps to transfer music and videos from iPhone 5 with iOS 7 and iPhone 4 with IOS 6 ?

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Please elaborate on the type of media (iTunes movies, camera roll videos, synced videos, iTunes purchased music, etc.) Do you have a computer? If so, you can just sync it to the other devices.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Please elaborate on the type of media (iTunes movies, camera roll videos, synced videos, iTunes purchased music, etc.) Do you have a computer? If so, you can just sync it to the other devices.
I do not want to transfer media from a computer. I have my own music and videos files on my iPhone 5 and would like to transfer to my wife's iPhone 4 but she does not have IOS7 so airdrop cannot be done.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Please elaborate on the type of media (iTunes movies, camera roll videos, synced videos, itunes-purchased music, etc.)

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Please elaborate on the type of media (iTunes movies, camera roll videos, synced videos, itunes-purchased music, etc.)
Camera roll videos and music

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Camera roll videos and music
Camera roll videos can be transferred to her phone with the DropBox app.

Did you buy the music in iTunes, was it downloaded directly to the phone through an app or did you sync it to the phone through iTunes?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Also, AirDrop wouldn't work on an iPhone 4 even if she had iOS 7. The only iPhones that have it enabled are the 5, 5c and 5s.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Camera roll videos can be transferred to her phone with the DropBox app.

Did you buy the music in iTunes, was it downloaded directly to the phone through an app or did you sync it to the phone through iTunes?
Okay.. Let me exlain. I would like to transfer music and videos which i already have from apps such as file manager but i did not like this file manager app because its not working.. So can you suggest ? Also, i DO NOT want to upload to dropbox and then Download onto her iPhone using any data usage.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
DropBox won't use any data as long as you transfer the files over WiFi.

The file manager apps typically have the ability to compress and email files. It also might have a DropBox integration. If the app is not working at all or if you don't want to do that, you'll need to transfer the files from the file manager app to your computer through iTunes. You might just need to reinstall the app to get it working ago again.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
DropBox won't use any data as long as you transfer the files over WiFi.

The file manager apps typically have the ability to compress and email files. If it is not working at all or if you don't want to do that, you'll need to transfer the files from the file manager app to your computer through iTunes.
Okay so as you said if dropbox does not use any data then how does it work ? And how do i have to do it ?

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Okay so as you said if dropbox does not use any data then how does it work ? And how do I have to do it ?
WiFi doesn't count towards your cellular usage. I explained that in another thread you started.

I don't understand your second question.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Okay so as you said if dropbox does not use any data then how does it work ? And how do I have to do it ?
Sent using iCafe app
Is your wifi 'plan' restricted on bandwidth from your provider?

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Is your wifi 'plan' restricted on bandwidth from your provider?
I do not have a wifi router installed at my home. In short, i do not have any internet connection from any provider EXCEPT my 3G plan which is on my cellfone and provided by my cellfone service provider. So, now can you tell me how will dropbox be beneficial using wifi without a router ?

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I do not have a wifi router installed at my home. In short, I do not have any internet connection from any provider EXCEPT my 3G plan which is on my cellfone and provided by my cellfone service provider. So, now can you tell me how will dropbox be beneficial using wifi without a router ?
If you don't have WiFi it will count towards your cellular plan. Since data usage is a concern for you, it would be better to transfer the media through iTunes on your computer.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
If you don't have WiFi it will count towards your cellular plan. Since data usage is a concern for you, it would be better to transfer the media through iTunes on your computer.
Alright.. I was under the impression it will work directly from two iPhones without a router.. Anyways, thanks !

Sent using iCafe app