Good Aux Cord?

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
I hear a lot of static when I play my iPhone through my car...does anyone know of a really good aux cord? Maybe it is not the cord though... does anyone know if the problem is actually the iPhone? or the car? or maybe the song...I don't know what are you guys experiencing?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I hear a lot of static when I play my iPhone through my car...does anyone know of a really good aux cord? Maybe it is not the cord though... does anyone know if the problem is actually the iPhone? or the car? or maybe the song...I don't know what are you guys experiencing?
Yes, the problem is with the phone interfering with ANY speakers. Experiment with it and get it close to a few speaker systems and enjoy all the weird sounds you'll get.
Here's a thread with it. I remember there were plenty of similar threads a few months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Yes, the problem is with the phone interfering with ANY speakers. Experiment with it and get it close to a few speaker systems and enjoy all the weird sounds you'll get.
Here's a thread with it. I remember there were plenty of similar threads a few months ago.
so shouldn't it do that with headphones too? I use the headphone jack and just plug up an aux cord...I don't understand

Last edited by a moderator:

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
so shouldn't it do that with headphones too? I use the headphone jack and just plug up an aux cord...I don't understand
Yes, it will happen, regardless of what you use. If you bring the iPhone close enough, even if something ELSE is connected, it will happen. It does that to my computer speakers (even affects 3 computers in the same room), my TV, my bathroom speakers... It's just the proximity of the iPhone to those systems that causes the interference. It doesn't matter if it's connected or not or how.
It's a real pain, but I got used to it.

In my car, I can have my iPhone connected to the AUX jack on my stereo and I never hear any interference. I set it on the console. I also use a simple 3FT 1/8" to 1/8" cord I bought at radio shack. I also have the Belkin iPhone adaptor to plug the jack into so it fits my iPhone. My stereo is a $149 Sony CD player with the AUX jack on the face if it. Nothing fancy but all I hear is nice clean audio and no noise.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
In my car, I can have my iPhone connected to the AUX jack on my stereo and I never hear any interference. I set it on the console. I also use a simple 3FT 1/8" to 1/8" cord I bought at radio shack. I also have the Belkin iPhone adaptor to plug the jack into so it fits my iPhone. My stereo is a $149 Sony CD player with the AUX jack on the face if it. Nothing fancy but all I hear is nice clean audio and no noise.
Maybe it's a special iPhone.
We should have mentioned that putting the iPhone in airplane mode solves all the interference problems.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
I am wondering about a mini-phono plug (iPhone recessed type) to mini-phono plug. I've been looking and cannot fine this. Anyone know where to get this?