good bye for now iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
on iday i waited for 8 hrs in line to get an iPhone, i got it, activated it and ignored my girlfriend for 3 whole days.....

i got the dlo leather case for it and i got the iskin ervo [black] too
now it is time for me to let it go....

i got a new job, working landscaping for the summer, this means that i cannot take my iPhone there or i will ef-it-up. so i am forced to take out the sim card and use my old blackberry that i do not mine getting hurt.

i will be limited to seeing my iPhone form only 5pm till i fall asleep, and that is not enough time to spend with it...
i will barely see my iPhone until school starts in the fall...

sad

i was wondering if there are any other people that are experiencing the same iPhone time restrictions like me?

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes.. that might be the case but i'll get to play with it in the fall.. it is not that i wana play with it , i think that the part that hurts the most is that i cannot even carry it with me, it just sits at home all day....

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
look man.. why are you baby-ing the iPhone? you look like a rugged guy and you're worried about effing it up? cmon man! grow some huevos man! just put it in your pocket and bring it with you... who cares if it gets some dings, its bound to happen... every cell phone I had always looks like crap after 2 years of use... its just the way it is

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
look man.. why are you baby-ing the iPhone? you look like a rugged guy and you're worried about effing it up? cmon man! grow some huevos man! just put it in your pocket and bring it with you... who cares if it gets some dings, its bound to happen... every cell phone I had always looks like crap after 2 years of use... its just the way it is

yes your right i am pretty rugged, i i think that i might take it one i get the iskin revo in the mail to make sure that i have some protection on it.. the only thing that worries me is that i might crack the screen ... since i might bump in to weed wackers or lawn mowers and such.. but i might give it a try one the revo comes in...

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
hmmm i dunno bout u but for my previous fones which all cost me 300$ up, i dun want ANY scratches period on the phone, i want to be able to sell it before i get a new phone like i did to get the iPhone with no problems at all with buyers bringin down price for wear and tear. I was able to sell my cingular 8525 for 400$ flat to make up iPhone price because my phone was in almost brand new condition. dropping $650 with tax for a fone is a whole new story and i can see EXACTLY why he wants it no where near the work hes doin. im sure the case will prevent a lot of things but in work like that you just cant take the chances. Im sure a couple hours without iPhone will be fine for you valdez, its not like your taking a trip to china and going iPhone less for a month.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
hmmm i dunno bout u but for my previous fones which all cost me 300$ up, i dun want ANY scratches period on the phone, i want to be able to sell it before i get a new phone like i did to get the iPhone with no problems at all with buyers bringin down price for wear and tear. I was able to sell my cingular 8525 for 400$ flat to make up iPhone price because my phone was in almost brand new condition. dropping $650 with tax for a fone is a whole new story and i can see EXACTLY why he wants it no where near the work hes doin. im sure the case will prevent a lot of things but in work like that you just cant take the chances. Im sure a couple hours without iPhone will be fine for you valdez, its not like your taking a trip to china and going iPhone less for a month.
you are right homie im going to keep it safe in the house and using it when i get home and on the weekends... gattta keep it clean...

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I am in a similar situation in that I don't get to use the iPhone much. I'm in the UK for an extended visit and I don't want to pay for roaming. So the SIM is out of the phone to prevent accidental roaming plus I leave the phone at the hotel and use a cheap local phone with a local SIM. I only get to play with it in the evening sometimes using WiFi. Sad, isn't it?

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I'm a " blue collar" employee and sometimes my job can be rough on a phone. I still carry my phone with me at work, but I am cautious, and try not to ding it up. I have some scuff marks on it but they came from an acrylic belkin case. I'm not scared to carry my phone. If it makes any difference I have found this phone to be fairly durable. I would not be afraid of taking it to work. I would just be careful!

bimmer10

Aug 3, 2007
You should check out the incase as well. I think its great protection for the phone. Although I do like the iPhone naked, its just too slippery.

mernst

Silver
Jul 11, 2007
Gulfport, Ms
I am..... I work with Fuji on the Gulfcoast... And messing with all the photo lap 340s to the 500 its easy to f my iPhone up... So I have to leave it at home... lol :(

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
PUt the freeking phone in your pocket and get a case for it. Its not a rake, wheelbarrow, chainsaw, dump truck, jackhammer, back hoe or skid stear. Its a phone. It will be fine.

lilnef

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
sad

i feel your pain jjvaldez. i ride qauds almost daily and i cant take my iPhone with me or it will get soaked when i hit a puddle. i already lost a fone in a puddle luckily i was a junker. cant afford to lose the iPhone

DejaBlue

Aug 4, 2007
I work at a warehouse loading packages into semi's for 12 hours a day, 3 days a week... and I've had my iPhone for a little over 2 weeks and I haven't seen any dents, dings, or scratches on it so far... I just keep it in my left pocket because I'm right handed and that seems to be the side where I hit it the least and have the least likely chance of resting a box on that side... 2 weeks and no worries for me... Well I guess thats just my story.:laugh2:

jai325i

Jul 26, 2007
Man i bring my iPhone everywhere.lol To the club, to the shower. EVERYWHERE! i think i have a problem. i had to send it away for repair and was forced to use my sk3 for like a week. i almost had a breakdown.:mad: but shes back now:cool: