Good case for idiots who drop their phones a lot?

Chuck8002

Jul 29, 2008
I got a new phone about 5 months ago. Dropped it about 3 different times on concrete/pavement. Therefore, the sides have a few small gashes in them and it pisses me off :). Don't want that to happen to my iPhone. Not really looking for a case per say, more like a "skin" or whatever. Saw that flexgrip looked pretty cool. What about that invisible shield how much does it protect?

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
You seem to drop it a lot. The only thing for you seems to be bubble wrap. That should do it. :)

Chuck8002

Jul 29, 2008
just another question, should i put invisible shield on even if im using a case? just for more protection?

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
just another question, should i put invisible shield on even if im using a case? just for more protection?
IS will only protect your phone from scratches, not from dropping. Most people I talked to say to use a thicker silicon case, as it's stronger then the regular one, and better if drop then the hard cases.

cococawaii

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
Silicon cases are magnets for lint and dust, so I wouldn't recommend them.

The case I'm currently using is the Agent 18 Eco Shield plastic case in black. It's not as thin as I would like, but I am VERY accident prone (I dropped my old phone literally over 100x in its short life--until it finally gave up on me and broke).

Today I was on the elliptical at the gym watching TV shows on my new iPhone 3G, with my iPhone rested on that area where people normally put magazines... My towel went flying off my shoulder which caused a freak chain reaction that pulled my headphones off and thus pulled my iPhone off the machine. My iPhone went flying off and bounced off the machine next to me. After swearing, I picked it up and realized it was working fine. No scratches anywhere (I took off the case to check). I was so glad I had my case on at the time. I had considered not using a case as I prefer the look of a "naked" iPhone, but IMO with something so expensive, it's a necessity to have a case to protect it.

So cliff notes: Agent 18 Eco Shield case. It saved my phone today. Some people say it doesn't snap on tightly, but mine snaps on VERY tightly. The case didn't crack open after I dropped it today, just stayed snug on my phone like it was supposed to.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
So, you're afraid of the bulk of a case? Well, I'm not sure if you can get around that.

I have two cases: the Griffin Wave Case (which is a blend of hard and soft cases and sort of shows my white backing - it's interesting) and the Agent 18 ClearShield (which is nice - but a little slippery to hold).

With the 3G in either case, I can put it into my Marware CEO Premiere. It's a very nice holster.

I dropped it once, albeit on carpet, and my iPhone was fine. Of course, you don't have to spend the money I did.

The Marware CEO Premiere is fine by itself. I'm just really anal.

Last edited by a moderator:

TyWebb

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Paradise, FL, USA
Marware Sportgrip case. I had the same revelation last year when I dropped my v1 iPhone and cracked my screen. The sport grip case is not bulky at all but still provides ample protection from drops. Ive dropped mine a few times on my tile floor with no damage at all.