Good iPhone compatible alarm clock?

Jason14

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I need a new alarm clock and would like to get one with an ipod dock that i could use my iPhone with any suggestions. I am able to turn edge off so im not worried about that.I just want one that will charge and play my music.

GizmoDVD

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
i use the ihome, been usign it for a while. i like it works fin for me, there is the "this will not work with iPhone" warning but i have to hit ignore all the time, works fine for me...

link:

http://www.ihomeaudio.com/products.asp?product_id=10170&dept_id=1006
With the iHome...
If the phone rings, will I hear it?
If get a text message will I hear it?
If I want to play music from my iPhone on it will I hear it?

I bought the Official Universal iPod dock today (to dock my iPhone with my Agent18 case) and I can't hear any music (well, it dosnt play), can't hear text messages etc.

Bravo

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Hollywood
I have one and it has the extra speaker.

REALLY like it and wanted it for my iPhone, but when texts or emails come it, it makes a lot of static and is kind of loud. I ended up plugging my nano in it and just leave it there.

Unless you go to airplane mode don't think it will work too well

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes i get sms, email and i can listen to music too. actually i wake up to my ipod music... it is really good

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
aggh that is the thing amigo, i do get teh buzzing but i hear it like 3 times in 2 days, there is some slight slight buzzing but like i said, it is only sometimes and very minimal.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
They have also released a new iPhone compatible iHome. The buzz is an issue with most of the iPod-only compatible devices like my Bose dock.:mad:

Last edited:

mb190e

Bronze
Dec 3, 2007
i have george and love it

Last edited by a moderator:

steviep831

Bronze
Jan 15, 2008
I would hope that somewhere along the line someone will come out with a system that would automatically set your iPhone to airplane mode. There's got to be a way to do it.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
I am getting this one, works with both my iPhone and classic.

http://www.theistore.com/ezgear_ezwake_alarm_clock_radio_for_ipod?model_id=51

I tested the Ihome in the Apple store. Although it charges the iPhone and works, it askes to go into airplane mode. If its fully compatible it should not ask to do that. Not sure if anything would happen, but I did have a friend fry her iPhone in a dock that was from an older ipod. She didn't put it in airplane mode when it asked and got a call, her iPhone went nuts. Fortunetly after a reset it still works, but its never been right since. Constantly having issues with it.

GizmoDVD

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
They have also released a new iPhone compatible iHome. The buzz is an issue with most of the iPod-only compatible devices like my Bose dock.:mad:
They did? Where could I find this? All the iHomes look the same..

RyanP

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
I haven't tried this one, but it got great reviews on Amazon (they say better than the iHome):

Teac SR-L200i-W Hi-Fi Table Radio with iPod Dock

Breadfan

Sep 14, 2007
I have the iHome iH5 (the original model) and I was concerned about docking my iPhone with it so I contacted iHome. They said the iH5 has firewire charging which is 15 volts. It is my understanding that this could damage the iPhone.

Jsail4fun

Aug 13, 2008
ihome iPhone

I bought an ihome yesterday and when I plug the iPhone into the dock (which I don't recommend because it doesn't come with an iPhone cradle and you shouldn't support the weight of the phone purely on the connector).

But either way, when I plugged in the iPhone it freaked out the ihome and the ihome reset itself, and lost the time. It works ok, like playing music and stuff, but every time I plug in the iPhone i have to reset the clock. Is there a way to fix that? I was going to return the ihome.
Inside the box they had an ad for one that has bluetooth and everything where you dock the phone far away from the stereo (avoiding the buzzing noise). Anyone try that one?

chloe41

Oct 18, 2008
Ihome and iPhone

I have an ihome and bought the 3G iPhone. Although the ihome will play iTunes off the iPhone - I keep hearing a hgh beep and it sometimes skips throughout the song. Any ideas?

Nov 24, 2008
hey, i found an iPhone/ipod alarm dock on facebook market place, and i got one and it works great! - i'll post up the link and let you guys see it, the person i dealt with was super friendly and helpful...

but this dock is a brand i've never heard of but the machine looks really slick, it has a remote control that has a sleep button and snooze button, the dock itself has a sd card slot, a usb thingy, aux in etc, you'll see more of the specs on the ad.. the best thing about this is it charges the iPhone 3g.. it does say its incompatible but when the phone rings, or txt or email the music stops and it comes out of the speakers of the dock... and it charges... so it works very well with it, i highly recommend this product.. i've tried to find one of these and it took me SO long to find one that charges the iPhone... so take a look! its the best bang for the buck!

http://www.facebook.com/marketplace/listing.php?classified_id=37245904219&ref=nf

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal